Rejected Map: Riches - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Map Name: Riches
Difficulty: Medium.
Jumps:57
HH_McD(me) built the entire map, and McD49 helped me by playtesting and giving me feedback.
The plot on map maker world is under the name of HH_McD.
Would be cool if it was actually published, but this is my first attempt at building a pk and i just want honest feedback!
minecraft cool map photo 1.png
minecraft cool map photo 2.png
minecraft cool map photo 3.png
minecraft cool map photo 4.png

minecraft cool map photo 5.png
minecraft cool map photo 6.png

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
878 13
Hey there!
I would have to give this map a -1. This is mainly because of the nature of the build, since it's mostly 2D pixel art, which is no longer accepted on ManaCube as a main build. Even so, I think the build could be improved, as Supreme doesn't resemble it's classic font and is missing an 'e' on the end. The build also feels very scrambled.
I can't log in at the moment to look at the parkour more closely, but I will edit this and look at the parkour when I am able :)

Please note that while I may be staff, I am not a map judge! I just like to give feedback on map submissions to help improve the skills of those in the community :) good luck!

Hey Quinny, thanks so much for the honest feedback! I don’t expect my map to be accepted, so I’ll definitely take those criticisms to heart when I’m working on another map idea! Also, the missing “e” is meant to be sorta mocking supreme. Again, thanks for the feedback! Have a nice day!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey HH_McD,

It pains me to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED.
  • Theme: We currently have no maps themed after "Riches" or the sort, so the theme is technically original.
  • Build: Although I see you tried your best to portray the theme well, the build is just not good at all due to a variety of reasons. It lacks proper focus, block choices, detailing, and shaping. You should keep the use of pixel art in your maps to a minimum, it just isn't pretty at all because they're so flat and bland. Furthermore, the other parts of the build were also incredibly similar in simplicity. In brief and frank words, you just can't make a bunch of pixel art surrounding a dia/gold/emerald block stage with poorly built items scattered on top of it and expect it to look very great.
  • Parkour: The parkour did fit the medium difficulty in length but it could definitely use some nerfing. Furthermore, the variety in the parkour was okay. Sometimes it felt enjoyable and sometimes it felt repetitive. Such as the many uses of head jumps or ladder jumps (in the beginning). And, the parkour was very confusing at times, make sure to put signs to help the player (I didn't notice the barrier neo at first).
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.