Rejected Map Submission - Antlantis (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: RoCraftGamingYT
Map Name: Atlantis
Photos: Attached below
Warp: /plot tp RoCraftGamingYT 1
Dfficulty: Easy
Jumps: ~38
I updated this based on your feedback. Thanks so much. I want everyone to my map.
2019-11-11_22.11.54.png 2019-11-11_22.12.03.png 2019-11-11_22.12.09.png 2019-11-11_22.12.18.png

Last edited:

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Its a very nice build but I had issues trying to figure out where to go, mostly around the start and the whale section. The parkour does have some variety but I feel like its not enough, I also feel like there wasn't much parkour either, only about 20 were actual jumps, most being really easy, making this map far too easy for an easy map. This could definitely be accepted, but you would have to change quite a bit

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
The edits are a step in the right direction but my opinion still stands. You should compare the difficulty of your parkour to some of the more recent easy maps. The new jumps do add diversity, but they're still too easy to really feel any different to other jumps, additionally, there should be more of these jumps. I think a good place to add special jumps would be the coral. You could easily force the player to take a specific path through the coral, marked using carpets, and then add some head or ladder jumps. Also, I see that you did add a sign near the start signaling where to go, but I didn't even catch that sign when I played through this again. You need to make that sign pretty much at the start.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Unfortunately I don't think this map will be accepted because of how similar it is to Ocean Waves and other aquatic-related maps. Good build, though, so good luck!

Ratings
I thought making a water map would be okay considering how many similar maps already exist for other types. Also, is it worth making an ugly map that has more jumps? (I re-read this and it sounds super mean, but I don't want it to)

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Water maps are pretty common but it such a big theme so you can still get some creative maps out of it. However the atlantis theme has been used it the champion map aquatic adventure.

is it worth making an ugly map that has more jumps? (I re-read this and it sounds super mean, but I don't want it to)
Why make an ugly map when you can make a good looking map? If you want to make a map with many jumps you need to make it larger so all jumps fit in, if it's ugly it will probably not be accepted.

Ratings
Oh yeah, I have 2 plots. I'll just leave this one here and make another map with a never before seen theme. (would Minesweeper be considered pixel art?)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello RoCraftGamingYT,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, as we have several maps relating to underwater life (Coral, JellyFish, OceanWaves.)
The build is a bit messy, because all of the structures are crowded. Also, some of the structures look a bit plain; I recommend using different types of blocks. However, they are accurate to what would be underwater, and I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into this, so good job on that!
The parkour is a bit
confusing in certain spots (this may be due to the messy build.) Make sure you have plenty of signs indicating where to go. The jumps have some variety, but it gets a bit repetitive. Try incorporating different jump styles throughout the entire map. You can look at recently accepted maps for examples of these! I also think you should incorporate the parkour with the theme more. The map does fit the difficulty, so good job on that!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.