Rejected Map Submission - Dream's Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Declan254 (Creator), PyroTortilla (Helper), Additional Credits: Trydar
Map Name: Dream's Temple

2020-08-26_18.02.31.png
2020-08-26_18.02.45.png
2020-08-26_18.03.10.png

2020-08-26_18.04.59.png
2020-08-26_18.04.02.png

NOTE: The exterior design of this map (Just the Temple Exterior) was originally designed by Trydar. I contacted him via his instagram, and he approved of the temple's use. I will provide evidence of this below. Moreover, I provided him credit above my name on the signs. To be clear, it was just the exterior, the interior was designed by me, and the statues.

TRYDAR APPROVAL.png

DIFFICULTY: Hard
Number of Jumps:

Attachments

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I had a lot of fun building most of the parkour for you! Accepted or rejected I'll build parkour for you again on later submissions if you want. Good luck!

Last edited:
Ratings
I had a lot of fun building most of the parkour for you! Accepted or rejected I'll build parkour for you again on later submissions if you want. Good luck!
thanks man! I really appreciate the work you put in with me I learnt so much. I’ll be working on a new build soon that I’ll need help with so I’ll message you the

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
Sorry to say this but I will give you a -1 for the following reasons

Build/Theme:The build isnt the greatest as we already have a bunch Temple related maps and there isnt much detail, but the build is just to me just is too plain and not attractive

Parkour: While i did like some of it I found these way to hard for a hard. btw to get to this plot its /plot v Declan254 2

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10

Build/Theme:The build isnt the greatest as we already have a bunch Temple related maps and there isnt much detail, but the build is just to me just is too plain and not attractive

Parkour: While i did like some of it I found these way to hard for a hard. btw to get to this plot its /plot v Declan254 2
Are you referring to the double neo and the ladder to slab to iron trapdoor jumps?

Ratings

Thanks for the feedback Noah. Do you suggest any changes for the interior design and exterior design to improve its likelihood of getting accepted? Moreover, for those specific jumps, do you have any specific suggestions to make them match a “Hard” Difficulty course? If you’d like to discuss this further, you can add me on discord at Declan#3599. However, I will not be able to make any changes until September 3 when I return from my trip...

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Declan254,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we don't have temple maps themed after Dream, we do have an astounding amount of temple maps as is. Hence why I don't think the Dream aspect of this map justifies how overused the temple theme is. I'm sure you looked at the parkour theme list, so, in the future, you should procure to not pick a theme that has been done so many times.
  • Build: Personally, I think the build has its ups and downs. The big thing it has going for it is the exterior of the temple, it's pretty well made. But, that's about it. I do not like the statues, they're just not pretty. This outdated block build just isn't up to our standards anymore. And, the interior has another one of those statues and feels kind of empty/messy.
  • Parkour: The parkour fit the hard difficulty in both length and difficulty. Furthermore, I found it to be quite enjoyable to do as you created a well-varied parkour. Although, it could do with fewer ladders. Other than that, it was pretty solid.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.