Rejected Map Submission For "Tower of Minecraft Progression"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I would like to submit my map I've created.

The plot its under is /warp jamesk06 and its called Tower of Minecraft Progression. It is I think around 80 blocks.

I would consider the difficulty of this map to be expert as there are many difficult jumps but all possible with the right technique. Also with the scarcity of checkpoints, there are some sections that may be more difficult than others because of intimidation such as the first checkpoint before you get into the tower. You won't get another checkpoint till the nether.

For summary:
Username: Jamesk06
Map Name: Tower of Minecraft Progression
Warp: /warp jamesk06
Difficulty: Expert
# of Jumps: I think around 80

I hope this is where i submit my form.

Thank you for your time!
Jamesk06

Attachments

I would like to make another statement as i forgot to mention the theme. As you may know by the name, I build a tower where the parkour goes up it and as your going up the theme of the map changes from the overworld to nether to the end just as you would normally progress. Hence the name Tower of Minecraft Progression, if that too long the Tower of MC Progression. Thanks hopefully you see this comment.

Jamesk06

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Jamesk06,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have an overabundance of biomes/tower-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: I'm not really a fan of the build. On a good note, you did portray your theme. You made a tower of the different MC biomes. But, it wasn't a very attractive or creative execution. For starters, the floating stone parkour surrounding the tower is very ugly. Try to integrate your parkour into your build, or else you risk it making your build look bad. Furthermore, the tower is not very pretty. It has an odd shape and the blocks you utilized for it just don't work well with each other. And, the endstone pillar on top of it doesn't do it any favors. Basically, it's just another biome/tower map and it doesn't do that very well either.
  • Parkour: The parkour does not fit the expert difficulty, I'd say it's more of a hard map. Because of this, you have to cut back on a couple of jumps to fit that 60-80 jump range (since it was roughly 90+ jumps last I checked). Furthermore, the parkour was very very repetitive. The first part is just 4b stone jumps. That's it, for like 20 jumps. That's not fun to do. And, this presents itself throughout the map as you utilize the same jumps over and over again. Another example is the final part where it's just ladders. You need to use a wider variety of blocks/jumps so that your parkour is fun to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.