Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

I'm going to give you some critiques on your map. Even though I am a staff member, I am not a map judge, so take this as the input of a player, so let's get started.

There are several things wrong with this map in the build, the theme, and the parkour. "Normal" isn't a difficulty (please change it to either easy, medium, hard, expert, or insane). I'll begin with the build - it's very pixel art-like for what appears to be a good portion of the map (except for the Blaze, but there is already a Blaze-themed easy map), and pixel art doesn't tend to be up to the standards of the map judges anymore. I'd pick a less broad theme that you can really make one centralized build for (such as a video game character or maybe an architectural piece) and make it 3D. The parkour looks pretty bland and repetitive and I'm not quite sure how many jumps it is or which difficulty it is so I can't really tell you how well it fits what you're going for, but try to incorporate other jumps than just block-to-block (i.e. anvils, glass panes, heads, lilypads, flower pots, vines, etc). Another issue with the parkour is the floatiness which causes the map to look like a bit of a mess. Again, this floating parkour is easily fixed by having a main, specific theme that your parkour revolves around.

Again, do take this criticism as that of a player and not of a staff member as I don't have any say in whether or not this gets accepted or rejected. Best of luck on this submission and any future ones!

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello tiny_toothpicks,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, but the build isn't great. In the future, I would recommend having one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into that, rather than having a lot of smaller builds, with the parkour floating between them.
The parkour is quite repetitive, as you mainly used normal blocks for the most part. In the future, try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items, as well as how you use the blocks and items, to create more original and enjoyable jumps.
A lot of the parkour is floating. Like I previously mentioned, I would recommend having one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into those, as sometimes, having an excessive number of jumps floating over the build and void can make your map look a bit messy.
The length is far too long for a medium map, and the difficulty suits an easy/medium map. Like Pyro mentioned above, I would recommend referring to the map submission thread that he linked, to make sure your map fits within the requirements.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.