Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
~I am not a map judge so my decision isn't final~

The is one underlying issue with your map and it's the build.

You need to come up with a theme that is unique and then make a build that is to do with that theme. Once you have a build that fits your theme then make sure the parkour blends in to the build and is against it (Not floating)

Goodluck building your next map please take this advice into consideration.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Also from what I can see the difficulty of the jumps don't look as hard as required for the difficulty so I recommend looking at some easy-medium-hard-expert-insane maps in practice mode to get an idea of the type of jumps and the difficulty

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Yo Zuck it's great to see you beginning to make maps on Parkour :D <3

So this happened to me before I think it will happen to you with this map but don't give up! So here is some actual feedback and and some tips for your next map

1) in this map the jumps are just ladders and fences and blocks right? Okay so this type of parkour unfortunately isn't accepted anymore they're looking for varied jumps with blocks that have different collisions hotboxes like cauldrons anvils trapdoors and more! So I suggest you do that next

2) theme. The rainbow theme is taken it seems that's what this maps theme is. I don't think that they are taking any maps that don't go around a certain build anymore now also so I suggest you think of a theme that is like a character, or an object, do /log <theme you're thinking of> to see if it's taken!

So yeah, that's my suggestions and great to see you moving onto parkour and mapping! :D

Acid

xenobite

Ratings
from what I can see the difficulty of the jumps don't look as hard as required for the difficulty so I recommend looking at some easy-medium-hard-expert-insane maps in practice mode to get an idea of the type of jumps and the difficulty
Looking at the picture thats not entirely true since there seem to be multiple triple neo variations at the orange part (Which without checkpoints is way too hard for insane maps). Looking at recent maps in /warp beta is a great tip tho!

1) in this map the jumps are just ladders and fences and blocks right? Okay so this type of parkour unfortunately isn't accepted anymore they're looking for varied jumps with blocks that have different collisions hotboxes like cauldrons anvils trapdoors and more! So I suggest you do that next
Acid
Please don't add random blocks for the sake of having "block variety". Cauldrons literally have the hitbox of normal block and are used as such 99% of the time. (Unless you actually use the fact that they have a floor you can jump into like on Io or cheepcheepbeach).

The thing that judges don't want is repetetive parkour that only consists of one type of jump. Using normal blocks and fences/panes and heads is perfectly fine.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
Looking at the picture thats not entirely true since there seem to be multiple triple neo variations at the orange part (Which without checkpoints is way too hard for insane maps). Looking at recent maps in /warp beta is a great tip tho!

Please don't add random blocks for the sake of having "block variety". Cauldrons literally have the hitbox of normal block and are used as such 99% of the time. (Unless you actually use the fact that they have a floor you can jump into like on Io or cheepcheepbeach).

The thing that judges don't want is repetetive parkour that only consists of one type of jump. Using normal blocks and fences/panes and heads is perfectly fine.
I didn't notice the triple neo variations I was commenting on the difficulty of the other jumps.

i updatet my mape there is a diffrnet theme now and i think i leave this map like this and see what happens but thank you for all the tips guys :D
btw i tried to make this map as hard as possible thts why there are so few checkpoints and not that much variation

pictures of updatet map:

2020-12-17_19.08.46.png
2020-12-17_19.08.52.png
2020-12-17_19.09.18.png

Also from what I can see the difficulty of the jumps don't look as hard as required for the difficulty so I recommend looking at some easy-medium-hard-expert-insane maps in practice mode to get an idea of the type of jumps and the difficulty
the map start easy and gets more and more difficult at the end

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
This is a slight improvement! I would suggest looking at some maps in /warp beta or accepted maps. There are lots of maps with the forest theme so I suggest you try and find a unique theme! The parkour is still floating come up with a main build to do with your theme which you'll see in /warp beta and the make sure all the jumps are against the build and not floating

This is a slight improvement! I would suggest looking at some maps in /warp beta or accepted maps. There are lots of maps with the forest theme so I suggest you try and find a unique theme! The parkour is still floating come up with a main build to do with your theme which you'll see in /warp beta and the make sure all the jumps are against the build and not floating
ik the theme isnt that creative this is bc this was my first map and i didnt knew that i have to add a theme. So i made this theme bc i could do it fast bc i didnt know how fast the map gets revied

and sry ik i said very often "bc" thats because english is not my first language and i am really bad at speaking englsih but i try to get better :D

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Zuckerlappen,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
There really isn't a specific theme here, it's just some random jumps. Try to have a theme based on a specific thing, not just random jumps!
The build is quite messy, and scattered quite a bit throughout, so try only having a few structures grouped closer together!
There are different parkour jumps to be seen throughout; however, it gets quite repetitive throughout each section, so make sure to use different types of jumps throughout your entire map! The length of the course is okay for the insane difficulty; however, the jump difficulty is very inconsistent.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.