Rejected Map submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Username: Ooshiu_
  • Map name: Timeless tower
  • Plot ID: 27;86
  • Difficulty: Medium
Hi, I made medium difficulty map that will make you parkour your way from running in a "labyrinth" (there's only one path) to ascending a mage tower !
This map was mostly made for building purpose and i hope you'll like it :p. Have a great day.
  • Photos:
    ManaCube_Submission_Timeless tower.png
ManaCube_Submission_tower-of-ascension.png

>:3

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
Hey great to see you apply, I am giving this map a +.5 for the following reasons,

The build itself looks nice and fits with the theme, however, the theme of towers is quite overused but the addition of the labyrinth, in my opinion, makes it a little different than other ones. The labyrinth even though it has a fairly linear path through can be quite confusing to get through, I often found myself wondering whether I was going the right way or not but maybe that just part of the design since it is a maze.

The parkour in this map is a little boring in most of the labyrinth section and consists of mainly normal 3 block jumps or quads. In the tower itself, the parkour gets a little more varied but still consists of mostly ladder jumps and head hitters. I would suggest adding more varied jumps using different blocks to make it more interesting. Next time you submit a map please provide the number of jumps in it has it allows people to judge the difficulty of it. I counted and the jumps were somewhere around 74 which would fit the map more in the difficulty of hard. I would add some harder jumps to fit it into hard maps.

Other than these minor errors this map has the potential to be pretty good. The map itself is very detailed and the build is good the parkour is a little boring but with the addition of some harder jumps and varied usage of jumps. Hope to see you submit again!!

Hi again, I have reworked the map and made it a bit hard if you compare to the older version. I made the path easier to understand but made harder overall jumps. Hope you'll like my retake on it. And I also hope I made the right decision of answering my submission and not redo another submission. GL HF.

- Around 90 jumps
- And a difficulty between hard and expert
- Still same id, 27;86.

Here are the results: (mostly made the maze bushier)

ManaCube_Map-submission_V2_3.png

ManaCube_Map-submission_V2.png

ManaCube_Map-submission_V2_4.png

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Ooshiu_,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there are a lot of tower themed maps, however none exactly like this.
The build is good. It's detailed and I can tell that you have put a lot of effort into it, so well done!
The parkour is quite repetitive. You did use a few different types of jumps which is good, however you did group them a lot. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal blocks, then just ladders, then fences etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout the map, as well as experimenting with a wider variety of blocks and items, to create more original and enjoyable jumps.
You did implement the jumps into the build well, which is good.
The length is good for an expert map, but the difficulty is more suited to a medium with a few hard level jumps.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.