Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: Sherman8r
Name: Maw
Warp: /plot visit Sherman8r 2
Difficulty: Easy
# of jumps: 25
Other stuff: Constructive criticism welcome! This is my second map made, here is to hoping it turns out better than the first one!

Attachments

RaddyRyann

MVP
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
MVP
Ratings
15 1
I tested this map out and I really like the build. It's very creative and I have yet to see anything like this. The only real issue I see is the lack of variety within the parkour. Its mainly blocks and fences. Maybe try incorporating some different jumps within the map. Other than that it was built really well and good luck with the submission!

Ratings
I tested this map out and I really like the build. It's very creative and I have yet to see anything like this. The only real issue I see is the lack of variety within the parkour. Its mainly blocks and fences. Maybe try incorporating some different jumps within the map. Other than that it was built really well and good luck with the submission!
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'll try adjusting the parkour a bit, any recommendations?

Ratings
Username: Sherman8r
Name: Maw
Warp: /plot visit Sherman8r 2
Difficulty: Easy
# of jumps: 25
Other stuff: Constructive criticism welcome! This is my second map made, here is to hoping it turns out better than the first one!
Update, I've edited some of the jumps to add some variation

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
Hello, regarding my last post on one of ur threads, this is an honest opinion.

The build: Reminds me on a warm coming out of the ground like in the Crazy craft modpack.
Parkour: As you said above, you edited some of the jumps, imo, it is kind of hard in some areas for an easy and the inside is super messy. you can also use world edit with water by doing //set 8 and add some of that for jump variation.

I will give a 0 for now cause the parkour is messy, confusing, and kind of hard in some areas and it also feels a little repetitive.

Ratings
Hello, regarding my last post on one of ur threads, this is an honest opinion.

The build: Reminds me on a warm coming out of the ground like in the Crazy craft modpack.
Parkour: As you said above, you edited some of the jumps, imo, it is kind of hard in some areas for an easy and the inside is super messy. you can also use world edit with water by doing //set 8 and add some of that for jump variation.

I will give a 0 for now cause the parkour is messy, confusing, and kind of hard in some areas and it also feels a little repetitive.
Thank you for the REAL input! This is very helpful constructive criticism that I will try to incorporate into my build. I'll add some variation and try to scale down the more difficult jumps. Again thanks, for the input!

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hello Sherman8r! Im here to give you my personal opinion on your map! Please note that I am only a mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision at all!

1-Build || The build was okay I mean it looks cool but I think you should have put it the other way. The way it is looks like an odd egg. But if you wanted to go all the way around and see what it is you definitely could. I also found the build to be a bit small. There is nothing wrong with that but when it is small, it seems a bit crowded.

2-Originality || As I know of, there are no maps with the theme of "maw” so good job with that!

3-Parkour || I thought the parkour was a bit boring as you only used slabs, fences, iron bars, and ladders. I think next time, you should add heads, vines, pots, anvils, cakes etc. Other than that, I think the number of jumps it a tad bit low but I think its okay.

All in all, good job making this map. This was not meant to offend you in any way! Just a heads up!

Last edited:
Ratings
Hello Sherman8r! Im here to give you my personal opinion on your map! Please note that I am only a mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision at all!

1-Build || The build was okay I mean it looks cool but I think you should have put it the other way. The way it is looks like an odd egg. But if you wanted to go all the way around and see what it is you definitely could. I also found the build to be a bit small. There is nothing wrong with that but when it is small, it seems a bit crowded.

2-Originality || As I know of, there are no maps with the theme of "maw so good job with that!

3-Parkour || I thought the parkour was a bit boring as you only used slabs, fences, iron bars, and ladders. I think next time, you should add heads, vines, pots, anvils, cakes etc. Other than that, I think the number of jumps it a tad bit low but I think its okay.

All in all, good job making this map. This was not meant to offend you in any way! Just a heads up!
Awesome! Im actually right in front of you to edit a bit of the course now XD, Ill keep that in mind!

Ratings
OK! I overhauled the parkour, completely changing the inside of the map, if you guys could re-test it I think I might have upped the difficulty to medium. Also, let me know if I'm not using enough variation. Thanks!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
Still gonna keep my 0 for a reason

Also I feel like you could add some more directions to the map, and the map to me isn't that attractive.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Sherman8r,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps related to this theme, so good job on that!
The build is decently accurate to what you were going for; however, I think the outside could have a more defined shape, as opposed to just a square. There is a decent amount of block variety to be seen.
The parkour is the main concern. It feels more like a medium map, based off of the difficulty of the jumps, but the length is still best suited for an easy map, so I would try to make some of the jumps easier! While there is quite a bit of variation to be seen, the parkour looks a bit messy.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.