Not open for further replies.

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
Theme 3/5: There isn't many maps themed around mazes or with mazes in them. The choice of nether bricks gives the build a nether fortress vibe, which is pretty unoriginal since there's an overabundance of nether related maps.

Build: 1/5: Honestly, I don't see any "build" here. It's just a maze, like the title suggests. There needs to be a central build or setting for your parkour to be integrated in. I still like how you kept a dark and frigid feeling in your build; the dark wood and red glass fits pretty well with the nether brick, so good job on that. If you want to make a map themed around a maze I'd recommend going with a movie that features a maze, such as Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire or The Shining.

Parkour 1/5: There's a decent variety of jumps. The difficulty of the jumps is inconsistent and mostly fits the easy or medium difficulty. A parkour map should have at least 60 jumps to fit the hard difficulty. There's far too many skips/exploits for me to mention. The biggest problem with this map is the confusion of where to go. When a player plays a parkour map, they should be able to understand exactly where to go and where the next jump is with minimal difficulty. Mapmakers usually place direction signs in areas that are confusing. Your map has none of these. Plus, even with those directional signs, most of the parkour on your map would be basically pointless, since the players wouldn't be going into a dead end and instead be following the signs.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello davidnugget625,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is both original and unoriginal; we do not have any maps based on a specific maze (although this may change if a maze runner map is added.) However, we have several maps that include a maze, so it is a bit overdone.
The build is
quite plain with only nether bricks being used, so try to use different blocks throughout your build to give it some more variety!
The parkour is quite repetitive with wood and ladders, and also quite repetitive within each section, so try to incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! The parkour is also quite confusing throughout, even for a maze. The length of the course is a bit short for a hard map, and the difficulty of the jumps is a bit too easy.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.