1595195768744.png

1595195805352.png

1595195870582.png

1595195928440.png

1595195959824.png

plot number: -103;-1

difficulty: insane

number of jumps: 176

note: this map is similer too another 1 i found on the forums but i didnt know until i came to submit but it has differences to make it a non copied build

builders: travislina and idreamm

WICKEDMagma

Dedicated Member
Mapper
WICKEDMagma
WICKEDMagma
Ratings
162 8
I'm gonna give this a -1.

Theme 4/5: This theme is semi-original. There's only one other map themed around a youtuber.

Build 3/5: The giant player builds look decent. However, the fact that the builds are scattered all over your plot makes the map feel messy and unattractive. Maps should have parkour that is centered/focused on the main build.

Parkour: 1/5: There is way too much inconsistency in the difficulty of the jumps. Your map has enough jumps to land in the Insane difficulty, but the difficulty of the jumps is more fitting for medium or even easy. Also, due to the rather sloppy placement of the builds, there are several places where you can skip a handful of jumps.

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hi. Before I say anything, this is my opinion and anything I say, you may disagree with me and I’m only trying to help. My views also have no affect on the judge judging your map.
Theme: After searching through existing maps, I haven’t found any maps with the theme too similar to this so I would like to say that the theme is original! Good job!
Build: I can see that you have put in a lot of time and effort into the map. I like the designs of the build and the idea of having a YouTuber themed base (a prospect I have dabbled with myself). However, as I have learnt, map judges class this style of build as 3D pixel art which is now unfortunately not widely accepted, lowering the chances of it being accepted but there’s always a chance! As Wicked has already mentioned above, the layout of the map is rather messy. However, this is easily fixable with a few changes to the layout. Gathering from the photos, there are three figures. This could be how you could arrange them:
C428CEA5-B727-402A-91D2-3B43151C3A23.jpeg

You can easily use this through the use of world edit. (if you need help with this, feel free to start a conversation with me in the forums so that I can help move bits and pieces around).
Parkour: I have not had a chance to get on and check out the parkour yet so I obviously cannot make a judgement from experience, but I can judge from information given and the photos. To start with, 176 jumps isn’t actually too many jumps as they recommend to use 120+ jumps and have mentioned previously to avoid going over 200+ jumps. You can see that information here: https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/
From what I can see, the parkour is very unvaried. By this I mean that there’s little variety of blocks. I would recommend attempting to use blocks such as brewing stands, enchantment tables, anvils, cocoa beans, etc (basically any block with a different hitbox to a normal block). This makes the map much more enjoyable to play and always catches the eyes of the judges!
With all this considered, I wish you the best of luck and I really hope to see you again on the forums. If you need any help, start a conversation here in the forums and I’ll see what I can do. Hope all this helps.
Chicken

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
can you help me move the builds? i can redo parts of the parkour
Of course. Start a conversation with me and we’ll organize a time

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey travislina,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: It's true that we don't have any maps themed specifically after the skin models of MC YouTubers. But, as we do have a couple of MC Statue/Skin model-related maps currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. There are two main issues with the build on this map, these being: the statue builds and the floating parkour. The former being the major issue as this type of build is no longer up to par with our current standards. MC skin statues used to be acceptable builds before but now they're seen as uninspired and unattractive. You need to take a better approach on the theme. Regarding the floating parkour, you really need to integrate your parkour into your builds better. It just hinders the build greatly due to the messiness it creates.
  • Parkour: The parkour was way too long for any of our difficulties. And, on top of that, it isn't hard enough for our higher jump range difficulties (expert or insane). At best, the parkour is as difficult as a hard. So, you're really going to have to cut back on half of your jumps and make it a hard or cut back on like 30~ and buff it to the insane difficulty. Furthermore, the parkour was really repetitive to do as you would use the same jump over and over again multiple times throughout the map (examples of these being the back to back soul sand jumps or head hitters). You need to be more creative when making parkour so that it is enjoyable to do, try using a bunch of different jumps (not necessarily blocks).
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.