Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
Good and original theme, it's a nice twist on a normal mansion map
Build is alright, I like the interior but the rest is meh, i'd be better if the stone statues were on the grass instead of floating.
Parkour is good, maybe to short / easy for hard but otherwise not a problem
Good luck!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1

Positives:
  • The twisty nature of the interior of the house is fun and interesting
  • The parkour on the golems is varied
Negatives:

• None of the builds look particularly great. The house looks fine, although it is lacking depth in the walls, but the statues at the end don't look good.
  • The parkour in the house is almost entirely block parkour, so it's not varied
  • This jump is impossible
    impossible3.png
  • These barriers are not properly marked and get in the way a lot when you try to do the parkour.
    barriers.png
  • The parkour in the golem area is floating mid-air, which looks messy. (In my opinion, it makes the parkour look like an afterthought to the build.)
Suggestions:

• Put the statues on floating islands, as Pres suggested
  • Remake the statues so they look better
  • Remake a majority of the parkour to be more varied and exciting and to be less floaty
  • Add more detail to the "island" the house is on so it's an island instead of a flat rectangle of grass
Good luck with your parkour! (and happy halloween!)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Franith,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is
unoriginal, as we already have a few maps relating to mansions (Mansion, HauntedMansion.) However, the Medusa concept is original, so good job on that!
The build is
good, although it looks a bit plain on the outside. The stone at the end of the map does look better, but I'd focus on adding more details to the beginning of the map.
The parkour is a bit repetitive, especially inside the mansion. I recommend using different jump styles throughout the entire map. You can look at recently accepted maps for examples of these! The parkour was also a bit confusing in certain points (especially the cake jump at the beginning,) so try to work on adding more signs to help show players where to go. I also think the map was a bit easy for a medium difficulty. If you want this to be a hard, try buffing some jumps!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.