Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Matt!

I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge, and my opinion doesn't affect the map being accepted or rejected. I'm just trying to give helpful advice on how I think you could make your parkour map better!

I'm sure you know of the three main criteria on Manacube Parkour; Theme, Build and Parkour. I'll go through each of them thoroughly in this reply!

Firstly the THEME of your map. I believe your map submission has an original theme, as there are no maps made of specifically ramps. Good work coming up with an original theme!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. I am a fan of the build! It's simple, yet really cool looking in my opinion. I'm not the best builder out there, and my standards for builds are quite low though, so I'm not sure what the Map Judges will think of the build. I think it's simple, but attractive and it's easy to see what you were trying to build! Nice work!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. Thank you for letting me fix up some of the Parkour with you, I hope I haven't ruined your course doing so! After a devastating session of nerfing your map, I can now happily say that I think it fits the Medium difficulty you were going for quite nicely! The parkour is also decently fun, the jump and block choices used were both fun to parkour on, and MOST OF THE TIME fit the map's aesthetical appearance very well! Your map also fits the length for Medium maps, even though it is on the longer side, and NOW has well thought checkpoint placement! Good work on the Parkour, thank you for letting me help!

It's going to be a +1 from me! Good luck :)

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
cool!

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Still not reviewed? BIG OOF

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Matt,

Your map has now been put in ONGOING. It has been judged by me and is currently in the process of being judged by our Map Judge team. You can expect an answer in the coming days! Thank you for your patience.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Matt,

Your map has been put into REVIEWING.
  • Theme: As I mentioned before, there are no problems with the theme. It's different enough from our other similarily themed maps.
  • Build: The build has definitely improved since the last submission. I really do appreciate you taking our criticism into consideration and implementing changes that really elevated the build. The skateboards just bring it together and make it stand out more than if it was just an empty ramp. The parkour does make it look rather unattractive though so if you do find a way to deal with that, that'd be great.
  • Parkour: The parkour is the reason why your map has been placed into reviewing. It feels way too hard for a medium map,. In all honesty, it felt much more annoying than difficult if anything. It just wasn't entertaining. Also, it'd be appreciated if you removed the luck vines (and any other jumps you deem fit), they just add on to the parkour's annoying factor. To put it frankly, once you've cleaned up the parkour and made it much more cohesive, fitting for the medium difficulty, and enjoyable then your map can be accepted.
Once you've made these changes please send me a message on here, in-game, or through discord (Pat#8000).

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Matt,

As you've made the changes I asked for (and I only had to add some signs/frames), I have gone ahead and ACCEPTED this map.

Great submission, I can't wait to see more maps from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.