Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/detail: Hey there, before talking about your theme next time taking screenshots make sure to press f1 before taking the screenshot, it just covers the chat and hud which can be a little annoying. For your parkour theme, I don't think that there's a Megamind theme or map submission that looks like this so I'm pretty sure your theme is a big plus. For the build detail, it looks kind of pixel art/2D, I'm not saying you did a bad job, it looks alright but it's still pretty basic in my eyes.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty I do feel that it would most likely be situated in the EASY section, for the parkour variety I do honestly believe that you did a decent job, from your last submission you've added more block variety which is great to see but I feel like the parkour is kind of in sections and isn't naturally spread across the parkour map sadly.

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Mr_CloudyZ,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have no maps themed after the character or movie Megamind, this is most definitely an original submission.
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. For starters, I feel that there's a problem with focus on this map. The laser gun just seems kind of in the way of what is supposed to be the main build: Megamind. If anything, I'd try to incorporate the laser gun to the Megamind build (perhaps even have him holding it). Next, there is a problem with the attractiveness of your build. The laser gun and Megamind just don't look good. The gun could use better block choices, it's not that bad. But, Megamind has no shape to him, he's basically flat. And, hat's not how he looks in the movie. He's much more spherical, especially his head. And, the detailing is so basic that it was even hard to distinguish who it was supposed to be. The floating parkour doesn't do it any favors either.
  • Parkour: I counted the number of jumps that actually mattered and it didn't make it to 20, which is the minimum we look for in an easy map. So, I'd recommend you add some more jumps to fit the difficulty as it was easy enough. But, there are still some problems with the parkour. It's really segmented and identical at times. You'd have back to back cake jumps and then back to back ladders and you'd finish it off with back to back anvils. You need to be more creative when making parkour, every jump counts.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.