Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey UwUAmber, Kingaroo and xLunaa_!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge and my opinion doesn't have effect on whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice! :)

Firstly the theme of your map is OKAY since while there is a map related about a mermaid (Ariel) this map has a slightly different concept and has a much better and more lively build!
Secondly the build of your map is GOOD the mermaid looks accurate to what a real mermaid looks like and there's plenty of other details to be seen as well!
Thirdly the parkour of your map is OKAY. I found it fun while playing it, it's varied and most of the parkour isn't floating which is good! However I think the map is TOO HARD for the Medium difficulty. I would recommend nerfing it by making the jumps easier or by adding more checkpoints, or by doing both! The map length however is great for a Medium map!

Good luck! :D

Amberion

ELITE
Ambiebearr
Ambiebearr
ELITE
Ratings
27 1
Hey UwUAmber, Kingaroo and xLunaa_!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am not a map judge and my opinion doesn't have effect on whether the map gets accepted or not, I'm just trying to give helpful advice! :)

Firstly the theme of your map is OKAY since while there is a map related about a mermaid (Ariel) this map has a slightly different concept and has a much better and more lively build!
Secondly the build of your map is GOOD the mermaid looks accurate to what a real mermaid looks like and there's plenty of other details to be seen as well!
Thirdly the parkour of your map is OKAY. I found it fun while playing it, it's varied and most of the parkour isn't floating which is good! However I think the map is TOO HARD for the Medium difficulty. I would recommend nerfing it by making the jumps easier or by adding more checkpoints, or by doing both! The map length however is great for a Medium map!

Good luck! :D
Ty I changed a couple jumps and added a checkpoint on the last turtle :D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Amber, King, and Luna,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Personally, I don't believe the theme you have chosen for this map is very original as we already have a map called "Ariel" themed after a mermaid. Yes, although it's themed after specifically Ariel, it's really just a mermaid map. Which is what this is as well.
  • Build: In my opinion, the build has its flaws but overall as a whole it's pretty decent. The main mermaid build is cool but could use some work in the facial area and centerpiece aspect of it. It doesn't really feel like it's a mermaid-themed map with everything surrounding it. Which brings me to my other qualms with the build: the messy floating elements. They just hinder the build in this case specifically, even if they were built pretty accurately. Lastly, the floating parkour just made it look even messier and hurt the attractiveness of the build.
    Parkour: The PK was long enough for a medium map but it felt just a tad too difficult. I'd recommend nerfing a couple of jumps here and there. Although, I felt the checkpoints were okay. On the plus side, it was definitely a creative parkour that utilized many jumps/blocks, proving to be an enjoyable experience.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.