Username: Yorden_0
Map Name: Metropolis
Photos: see attached
Plot ID: 83;105
Plot Warp: /plot visit Yorden_0
Difficulty: Expert
Jumps: 97
Checkpoints: 8

I build the initial parts of the parkour, including the buildings and much of the parkour. The interior decor and a few jumps were made by Tomburgers

Attachments

DingusRice

MVP+
DingusRice
DingusRice
MVP+
Ratings
So I got to try out your map and overall seems pretty good. For the build the exterior seemed pretty good, maybe could use a bit more detail and block variety on the buildings. The interior was great and reminded me of actual office buildings. As for originality this is where it seems sketchy because there are many city and building maps on Manacube but your idea of metropolis could be seen original depending on your intentions. If you were trying to create an actual Metropolis and replicate a dystopian city then there would be originality in that, but going through the build for the most part feels like a normal city with a few hints at what could represent Metropolis. Finally the parkour was very creative and had much variety but personally going through the map it was hard to navigate so maybe add more indicators on where to go? That last thing is probably just a me thing though since I suck at parkour :p. Personally I am a fan of dystopian stories including Metropolis so because of that and how well the map was made, I really do hope this gets accepted and wish you the best of luck on your map submission!

ChopChop247

MVP
ChopChop247
ChopChop247
MVP
Ratings
So I checked the map out, and though I like the parkour I do feel it was a little unbalanced, It was a fun map and I liked the jumps. The parkour was enjoyable and flowed pretty good, but I do think that some of the jumps felt like they could've been on an insane map later in checkpoints. There was an X-facing cake ne-up at the very end of a checkpoint, and If you didn't have prior knowledge of the map, you wouldn't know there was a checkpoint on the opposite side of the Neo before jumping. So some checkpoints could be moved. I agree with dingus on a few things too. I felt myself lost a few times, and If I couldn't just fly back after falling trying to figure out where to go like in map maker, that could make the map very frustrating. Another thing was the map design. Though I think it looked pretty nice, I do think there are just so many maps on the server that have city block/building look/theme to them. Also, when you think of metropolis, though the definition is technically capital/chief city, the first thing that usually comes to mind is a sci-fy futuristic city. If the build was changed to encompass a more futuristic approach, I think could set this map apart from the rest and make it feel very original and enjoyable. In its current state however, compared to other experts, its parkour feels mixed with difficulty level, which was enjoyable, but if you gave more guidance on the map or said you can click a checkpoint from this location, it could go a long way. So my final take is that I do want this map accepted in the future because I liked many of the jumps, I don't think this map in its current state is unique enough or clear enough to be accepted. Good luck with your map. Keep working at it man.

Edit: The heart sign/billboard thing looks pretty cool.

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
Hello Yorden! I'm happy to say I will be accepting your map.

The theme is not incredibly original, as we have other city maps, but it was executed well and has some unique design within it.

The build is well-done, detailed, and accurate to the theme. Good job!

The parkour fits expert well, though it is a little bit inconsistent in terms of difficulty in some places. I also patched a skip and two impossible jumps, which I can show you if you'd like.

If you have any questions, please message me on Discord (MCBYT#2023). Thank you for submitting, and we hope to see more maps from you in the future!​

Status
Not open for further replies.