Username: TillerS
Map Name: Microphone
Difficulty: Medium
Creator: TillerS
Plot: /plot v TillerS 1
ID: -112;36
Jumps: 41
Checkpoints: 2

This is my first map! I would love some feedback! (I revised the map! You can scroll down to see my changes)

2020-09-19_17.09.37.png
2020-09-19_17.10.19.png
2020-09-19_17.04.11.png
2020-09-19_17.05.03.png

Last edited:
Ratings
This looks cool, but maybe try to improve on it a bit I cant say much cause my build is simple too, but maybe add some colors

Lofi

Forum Expert
ELITE
beatsbylofi
beatsbylofi
ELITE
Ratings
263 9
Heyo! Glad to see a new submission! Here are my thoughts on your map;

THEME:
The theme is unique as we don't have any maps that are based on microphones. Good job!
BUILD:
Personally, I found the build to be well built but unattractive. The shape and majority of the microphone are good, but the top section where the actual mic is seemed off to me. Microphones typically have a grey-ish mic, not a black one. There is also no variation in colours on your map, which makes it less attractive. If you used more textures and colours, it would look better.
PARKOUR:
The parkour seemed very easy. There were a few challenges but the majority felt very easy. The start of the parkour going up the microphone is also very hard to find, as the sign you put doesn't really tell the person where to go (it says to go up but doesn't say where the ladders are). The parkour is also pretty similar at the start and end.

Overall, I think the map is alright but could use some tweaking. If you use more colours and texture and changed up some of the parkour, I think the map would be much better. Good luck in your future submissions!

Heyo! Glad to see a new submission! Here are my thoughts on your map;

THEME:
The theme is unique as we don't have any maps that are based on microphones. Good job!
BUILD:
Personally, I found the build to be well built but unattractive. The shape and majority of the microphone are good, but the top section where the actual mic is seemed off to me. Microphones typically have a grey-ish mic, not a black one. There is also no variation in colours on your map, which makes it less attractive. If you used more textures and colours, it would look better.
PARKOUR:
The parkour seemed very easy. There were a few challenges but the majority felt very easy. The start of the parkour going up the microphone is also very hard to find, as the sign you put doesn't really tell the person where to go (it says to go up but doesn't say where the ladders are). The parkour is also pretty similar at the start and end.

Overall, I think the map is alright but could use some tweaking. If you use more colours and texture and changed up some of the parkour, I think the map would be much better. Good luck in your future submissions!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll make sure to keep your suggestions in mind when tweaking my map.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll make sure to keep your suggestions in mind when tweaking my map.
I have made some changes to the map. I added some more difficult parkour in the beginning section by adding more fence jumps and increasing the distance in between blocks. I also added an RGB theme throughout the course to make it more colorful. Instead of using coal blocks for the upper section of the microphone I used stone to give the microphone mesh more texture. I made the parkour more straightforward so there will hopefully be no confusion as to where to go in the future.

Jumps: 41
Checkpoints: 3

Attachments

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello TillerS,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original, as we don't have any maps based off of a microphone, so good job on that!
The build is
a bit plain, so make sure to add some more details throughout and try to use different types of blocks!
The parkour is quite repetitive throughout with wool/ladders, so be sure to incorporate different jump styles throughout the entire map! This may include; fences, water, lava, heads, glass, and many more different types of jumps depending on your theme! The length of this course is good for a medium map; however, it felt a bit too easy.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.