Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hi Hayley~
I don't feel that I'm qualified to assess the parkour on this one (since it is an Expert) but the parkour does look well mixed and varied. The length however does approach an Insane length, so perhaps if the parkour is hard enough, it would be accepted as Insane?
The build is really awesome though. I knew what it was pretty much right away when I was flying in! Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Disney movies by far, so I was really excited (as you know).
PLEASE keep building Hayley, you clearly have some skills that you've been hiding! <3

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hi Hayley~
I don't feel that I'm qualified to assess the parkour on this one (since it is an Expert) but the parkour does look well mixed and varied. The length however does approach an Insane length, so perhaps if the parkour is hard enough, it would be accepted as Insane?
The build is really awesome though. I knew what it was pretty much right away when I was flying in! Finding Nemo is one of my favorite Disney movies by far, so I was really excited (as you know).
PLEASE keep building Hayley, you clearly have some skills that you've been hiding! <3
Thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
If any jumps need editing, I will be sure to make them easier. In addition, the map can be shortened if need be,
I'll be sure to keep difficulty more in my mind when building the next map, it was quite difficult to build the parkour as it was my first map aha.
Love you, quinny <3

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey Hayley and TimTamTum!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am only a casual player and that my opinion doesn't affect whether or not the map gets accepted.
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme of your map is GREAT since I don't think there are any other maps based on Finding Nemo. I could always be wrong though, great job on the theme!
The build of your map is AMAZING. It is very accurate to what you were going for, has block variety and all the little details. Truly astounding, amazing job to the builders!
The parkour of your map is NOT GREAT. It is varied, but it's more like chained. What this means is that you have sequences of certain jumps and then other jumps. For example 5 soulsand jumps in a row and then 5 fence jumps in a row. Try not to sequence jumps and instead try to have continuous jump variety. I also think that the parkour is WAY TOO HARD for an Expert map and I think this map has more potential to be an Insane map. The difficulty is much more suited for an Insane rather than an Expert and I recommend that you don't go nerfing it and just try to get it accepted as an Insane map. It's up to you though! The parkour also has other flaws, which I'll tell you right here.

Luck ladders and vines
2020-05-14_10.32.01.png
2020-05-14_10.31.55.png

These parts are entirely dependent on luck rather than player skill and should for that reason be removed and switched up to something else. Please change these parts, they will be annoying to fail if the map gets accepted since the player can't do anything about it.

A huge exploit
2020-05-14_10.24.16.png
2020-05-14_10.25.14.png

You can simply jump down from the start platform and go around these barriers to skip at least half of the map. Simply add more barriers to patch this.

EDIT: After testing the map further I found another skip! (Green arrow indicates where you should go, red arrows indicate the skip)
2020-05-14_10.42.12.png

The map also has teleport blocks which I think are currently broken so it might need some interesting techniques to make the teleport parts work.

If you fix these issues in the parkour I think this map is definitely being accepted as an Insane map.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Hayleyx

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Hayleyx
Hayleyx
Senior Mod
Ratings
484 21
Hey Hayley and TimTamTum!
I am here to give you my review of the map! Please remember that I am only a casual player and that my opinion doesn't affect whether or not the map gets accepted.
Firstly I think this map has POTENTIAL. Hear me out!

The theme of your map is GREAT since I don't think there are any other maps based on Finding Nemo. I could always be wrong though, great job on the theme!
The build of your map is AMAZING. It is very accurate to what you were going for, has block variety and all the little details. Truly astounding, amazing job to the builders!
The parkour of your map is NOT GREAT. It is varied, but it's more like chained. What this means is that you have sequences of certain jumps and then other jumps. For example 5 soulsand jumps in a row and then 5 fence jumps in a row. Try not to sequence jumps and instead try to have continuous jump variety. I also think that the parkour is WAY TOO HARD for an Expert map and I think this map has more potential to be an Insane map. The difficulty is much more suited for an Insane rather than an Expert and I recommend that you don't go nerfing it and just try to get it accepted as an Insane map. It's up to you though! The parkour also has other flaws, which I'll tell you right here.
Thank you so much for the feedback, I have fixed all the exploits you pointed out as well as changing the ending, there is no longer two "luck" vine/ladder jumps and the ending is now a few iron bars and ladders. There are now 89 jumps instead of 99 and I'm figuring a way around the teleport pad issue. One teleport pad is now a ladder to the end, the other will most likely be barriers with red-stone on top.
If there are any other jumps you feel are too hard for an expert map, feel free to DM me in-game ore reply here. Again, thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!
I'd much rather the map be an expert map than an insane, but of course if need-be then I'll be happy to make it an insane <3

Last edited:

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Hayleyx and TimTamTum,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, as we don't have any Finding Nemo maps, so good job on that!
The build is
accurate to what you were going for, and there are plenty of details to be seen throughout the map! I can tell that you put a lot of effort into this!
The parkour has improved based on feedback given above from the community. The jumps are well-varied, and are incorporated with the theme quite nicely! The length of the map and difficulty of the jumps both fit the expert difficulty quite nicely!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.