Rejected Minecart rider 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Username: 2814
  • Map name: Minecart rider
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: /plot h 2814 or -78;77
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane) Easy
  • Number of jumps (Optional) 24 - 25
with some help i made details and added jumps because judge sayed so :)

Attachments

Reblz

rvbi
rvbi
Ratings
+0.5

The build has definitely improved, but there's not a lot of variation with the jumps. Try adding brewing stands, Player Heads etc.

It's a great map, but with some few tweaks it has a higher chance of being accepted!

Good Luck! :)

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
+0.5 Nice build! I love the person inside the minecraft. I do agree with the player above that the parkour needs more variation. Add unique blocks, like flower pots, cake, half a piston, etc!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Theme:
Originality: 5/10. We do have the map "Rails", and this is somewhat Minecraft-related, but it's pretty unique.​
Creativity: 7/10. This is a really fun idea! Good job.​
Build:
Attractiveness: 8/10. The button eyes and grin are terrifying, but he's actually shaped really well. It's a good simple build.​
Palette and variety: 6/10. He's mostly wool, but it works well with the build and the minecart and rails are good too. There's not much variety but once again, with a small simple build it's not necessary.​
Detail: 5/10. I would have liked to see maybe a little more detail to the minecart in terms of another block like raw andesite or cyan clay, and similarly with the body, but it's really fine.​
Parkour:
Difficulty: 10/10. The parkour fits the Easy difficulty perfectly.​
Variety: 7/10. I don't believe that Easy maps need every jump to be different; you use ladders, fences, walls and bars which is perfectly fine in my opinion. A little more never hurts, though.​
Fun: 5/10. There's nothing I hate more than these (http://prntscr.com/ptzmny) but overall the parkour was easy and enjoyable to play.​
Verdict:
6/10. This is a solid map that has really been improved since your last submission. Good work!​
Good luck, and I hope you keep making maps!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello 2814,

Unfortunately I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. It is simple, but shows clearly what you were going for, so well done!
The parkour is very repetitive. Most of the parkour consists of ladders, fences and iron bars. In the future, try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items when building jumps, it will overall make your map more enjoyable to complete.
You did include signs indicating where to go, but there were a couple spots where it was a bit confusing, and you did use a lot of barriers. Try to use as little barriers as possible, and I would suggest adding something to them like item frames to show where they are, to make it a bit clearer.
The length and difficulty is good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.