MINECRAFT LIGHT

Ratings
*DISCLAIMER. THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT. MAYBE DOESN'T INCLUDE MANACUBE STUFF...
INTRODUCTION:
Hello everyone, my name is Tony. I'm currently 21 and live in California. I started playing Minecraft since I was 13, so it's been awhile. I love going snowboard every winter and go skates at my favorite skating place called Boomer in Fountain Valley. My major is computer science, basically writing codes, so I'm very excited about the upcoming Hytale game coming out. I love Minecraft but since Microsoft bought the company. Many things have changed, some are good, and some are bad. I recently created a Youtube account dedicated to making Minecraft Videos, but I'll also make more Hytale video when it is coming out. I have a channel called California Luminous on youtube mainly making Minecraft or Hytale video(maybe other games too). THANK YOU so much for reading my introduction. Now let's move on to the critical part.

QUESTIONS:
In the comment section below. How long did you play Minecraft for and why did you get hook into Minecraft? What's the best game mode that you like to play, ex: skyblock, factions, creative, survival, etc.. If for any questions that you don't want to answer, that is okay.

PROBLEM:
Minecraft is an entertaining game for us. It has been part of our childhood and daily life. It started in 2011 and now is officially eight years later and the game is still hugely competitive. However, in recent year, the Minecraft community been "attacked" by the Fornite, PUBG, Apex Legend community constantly update and Minecraft couldn't keep it update on par with other games. Sure, the game is trying is best but still not enough. Maybe they ran out of ideas, or the new "company" couldn't refresh their thought. One of the problems that I see in Minecraft is that the game doesn't have enough light block or item to keep the player interest or new ideas coming out.

As you can see in the picture below, there are very limited option for lighting.

But even though there is a not a lot of light block, there are many different designs of creating light like this.

Now imagine if there are many more light block, item. The ideas will be endless. Some of the light item I was thinking like Neon light, LED light, Christmas light, Tree that light up. Light block with different color. You may can argue that you can do this with glass color on top of beacon like the picture below.

I actually finish making a really good beacon light machine that generate different color light. I still in the progress of finish the video. It'll be on my channel California Luminous soon. I'm very excited.
But it doesn't make us more excited than actually have an actual block color for lightning right? Like this one below

1 Light Block

2 Christmas Light

3 Neon Light

4 LED light

5 Tree Light

This is what I think that Minecraft could improve on the game. In the comment section below, I want to hear you guys thought about this topic. It could be anything, if you like it, dislike it, any thought in mind, just commented below. Also, if you like this threat, make sure to give this a like, thump up, happy face
because I spent a lot of times making this threat and hope can see some activities in the comment below. I have a youtube channel call California Luminous on youtube dedicated to making Minecraft video tutorial so be sure to come and check it out. Give me a chance to prove my self.

AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS POST. YOU COULD BE ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW BUT INSTEAD YOU SPENT YOUR PRECIOUS TIME READING MY POST. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND STAY SAFE.
- California Luminous

Last edited:

SunsetMagic

Forum Master
ELITE
SunsetMagic
SunsetMagic
ELITE
Ratings
1,145 45
Hello,

Whilst your post doesn't break any of our rules on the server, I'm not sure it is suited to the platform. This is an individual minecraft server, not mojang.

Also asking players for this sort of information puts their safety at risk if they do post responses ' Please list your name? How old are you? What are you doing right now, ex: student, working, marriage, etc..?'.

With that being said, I'm not saying do not discuss Minecraft and how it could perhaps be improved, but perhaps be less formal in your approach.

Thanks
Sunset

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
I think a better option would be to use something (maybe glow stone dust) to turn any normal block into a light source. It would both aid in lighting builds nonagressively and easily could create all of the above mentioned ideas. Maybe glass blocks would glow their color. Wonderful post. Really enjoyed your ideas. Btw, my name is Benjamin. I’m 15 now and I started playing Minecraft in 2010. Favorite game mode is survival all the way (testing red stone/builds in creative is good too) :D

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I agree with what @SunsetMagic is saying, while we have a friendly and welcoming community, where people can get to know each other, I don’t believe their marital status is a “must ask” question.

You do have some good ideas, and it appears you’ve put a lot of thought into it, however. I don’t believe Mojang offer the option for you to propose suggestions, however with a few searches, I found a reddit thread (r/MinecraftSuggestions) that seems to have a fairly active community dedicated to sharing their opinions/ideas of additions and changes to Minecraft as a whole.

I personally don’t rely on the brightness setting or the light-source blocks that Minecraft offer, I use a texture pack called “FullBright” which essentially gives me a permanent night-vision effect, and is much more effective than the in-game settings/blocks. If you’re looking for a permanent solution to brightness, I’d completely recommend it! But if your thread is aimed more towards the aesthetic/building side of Minecraft, then there are mods which you can download for free to add in furniture like chairs, lamps, televisions, fairylights, etc. and they are great for building/furnishing houses in single player worlds.

lilPietra

Ratings
I am so confused... Why did you post this on the ManaCube forums? You should take this to Mojang and tell them they should add more light blocks. I don't believe this server has the ability to create different light blocks.

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
From my understanding, this wasn’t supposed to actually get anything done about changing light blocks/adding new ones, it was just a place to talk and that was a good starting point. Then the mods kind of took it away from that (they were doing their job no issues with that) and now it died. At least that’s how I see it.

Ratings
Hello,

Whilst your post doesn't break any of our rules on the server, I'm not sure it is suited to the platform. This is an individual minecraft server, not mojang.

Also asking players for this sort of information puts their safety at risk if they do post responses ' Please list your name? How old are you? What are you doing right now, ex: student, working, marriage, etc..?'.

With that being said, I'm not saying do not discuss Minecraft and how it could perhaps be improved, but perhaps be less formal in your approach.

Thanks
Sunset
True, everything noted. I actually don't know what to ask so I came up with these kinds of questions.

Ratings
I think a better option would be to use something (maybe glow stone dust) to turn any normal block into a light source. It would both aid in lighting builds nonagressively and easily could create all of the above mentioned ideas. Maybe glass blocks would glow their color. Wonderful post. Really enjoyed your ideas. Btw, my name is Benjamin. I’m 15 now and I started playing Minecraft in 2010. Favorite game mode is survival all the way (testing red stone/builds in creative is good too) :D
That would be a really great idea also. Thank you Benjamin.

Ratings
I agree with what @SunsetMagic is saying, while we have a friendly and welcoming community, where people can get to know each other, I don’t believe their marital status is a “must ask” question.

You do have some good ideas, and it appears you’ve put a lot of thought into it, however. I don’t believe Mojang offer the option for you to propose suggestions, however with a few searches, I found a reddit thread (r/MinecraftSuggestions) that seems to have a fairly active community dedicated to sharing their opinions/ideas of additions and changes to Minecraft as a whole.

I personally don’t rely on the brightness setting or the light-source blocks that Minecraft offer, I use a texture pack called “FullBright” which essentially gives me a permanent night-vision effect, and is much more effective than the in-game settings/blocks. If you’re looking for a permanent solution to brightness, I’d completely recommend it! But if your thread is aimed more towards the aesthetic/building side of Minecraft, then there are mods which you can download for free to add in furniture like chairs, lamps, televisions, fairylights, etc. and they are great for building/furnishing houses in single player worlds.
Thank you for your suggestion. I just look into that sub reddit, maybe post more comment on that later. Thank you for reading this.

Ratings
I am so confused... Why did you post this on the ManaCube forums? You should take this to Mojang and tell them they should add more light blocks. I don't believe this server has the ability to create different light blocks.
Noted. I just post it in their website. Got a lot of negative review though :(

Ratings
From my understanding, this wasn’t supposed to actually get anything done about changing light blocks/adding new ones, it was just a place to talk and that was a good starting point. Then the mods kind of took it away from that (they were doing their job no issues with that) and now it died. At least that’s how I see it.
That's another perspective of looking at it. Thank you for your comment.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hi! there's no need to stop the topic! We just want to look out for peoples safety!

but, I do agree that Minecraft could add some more interesting ways to display light sources. I personally would love a way to displace lights within nature builds without it starting to look to... "man made" I guess is the term I will use? I do find that creating light sources that aren't ugly on Olympus can be difficult at times, even more so for players who only have access to one plot. Having to squish all of the farms and other areas in their plot can require them to build underground to conserve space. I personally have recently fallen in love with the look that using iron bars and glow stone to create a hanging light look. ( http://prntscr.com/n1iizz )

Ratings
Hi! there's no need to stop the topic! We just want to look out for peoples safety!

but, I do agree that Minecraft could add some more interesting ways to display light sources. I personally would love a way to displace lights within nature builds without it starting to look to... "man made" I guess is the term I will use? I do find that creating light sources that aren't ugly on Olympus can be difficult at times, even more so for players who only have access to one plot. Having to squish all of the farms and other areas in their plot can require them to build underground to conserve space. I personally have recently fallen in love with the look that using iron bars and glow stone to create a hanging light look. ( http://prntscr.com/n1iizz )
That's awesome idea. There many different ways of light design in minecraft. Thank you for your comment.