Rejected Mission Delta - Hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Mission Delta
Username: Firenight
Plot: Firenight
Difficulty: Hard
Number of jumps: 180+
Objective: get to mothership, sidequest: find 4 stollen cakes hidden in the galaxy.
This is my first map.
2020-04-27_00.17.29.png

2020-04-27_00.21.28.png

2020-04-27_00.22.16.png

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey Firenight, here is my critique of your map! (Please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

Your build is okay. It's a little untextured and some planets on the outside are just one block spheres. A lot of your build is all just solid block structures. For the theme, it's unfortunately unoriginal as there is already maps similar called Spaceship and Planets. Your parkour is unvaried and has a lot of solid blocks. You should mix in different blocks such as beds, enchanting tables, trapdoors, walls, fence gates, cakes, ice, soul sand, etc. This course is also way too long for a hard course as a hard map is typically 60+ jumps. Your map is triple the amount of the recommended jumps. You have a few jumps that don't match the hard difficulty such as a cross neup, a triple fence neup, and a weirdly difficult ladder jump.

Overall, this map needs a lot of work. Good luck!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, for the [plot location] section in the format that you used for your map submission you only used your username which could make it a hassle for Map Judges to get to your plot location, I would suggest renaming it to (/plot v firenight 1) Just makes it easier for staff who are reviewing your map to make their final decision. Also before going on, I'm just a moderator, not a map judge so this comment/feedback does not affect the final decision of your map submission, you can either cast aside or accept my feedback, nonetheless let's get into this! ;)

Details ~ Your build from the first glance seems alright, I mean you've got some detail in areas and it certainly isn't that bland when it comes to this, I would have suggested that you added more texture to the planets because they're just one block and it seems a little boring from a distance, you definitely could make some cool unique planets if you're creative and put enough time into the detailing.

Originality ~ Sadly your theme is certainly not the origin and I've seen many similar maps with the same theme that you've chosen for your map design, caseyclosed listed them above. I do believe that if you revamped your map and added some new things it could be a little different and a little more unique than the other similar map designs/submissions.

Block variety ~ Your parkour/block variety is quite simple and only really consists of large/solid blocks, as Casey mentioned I suggest adding bed jumps, soul sand jumps, fence/iron bar jumps, slime block jumps, cake/enchantment table jumps, etc. You've done a good job with this map and I can see that it took quite some time to design/create, I wish you the best of luck with your parkour map submission! :)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Firenight,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is unoriginal, due to the fact that as mentioned above, there are already several maps with a space-related theme (Spaceship, Planets.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not yet been done already by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is quite messy with structures spread out all over the place. Try to only have a couple of solid structures that you can focus all of your parkour on!
The parkour is also quite messy due to the fact that a lot of jumps are floating (meaning they aren't attached to the build.) The jumps are also quite confusing, particularly in the beginning. Make sure you add some indicating signs so players can figure out where to go! Overall, the length is way too long for the hard difficulty; 180 jumps even goes beyond insane.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.