Rejected Moonlight parkour map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, my name is rt2d and i want to submit a parkour map. Name of the parkour map is "Moonlight". I think its pretty hard.

**IMPORTNAT** (i have a very old and bad computer, i lowerd my resolution so i can get better fps in minecraft, if the picture will be messy, contact me and i will fix it)

I hope you will see this thread and review my map!

Thank you! :D

Attachments

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hello BloodArchh, I have some feedback for you.

Firstly, I'm not sure it moonlight is a unique theme. Even if it is, how does the map replicate moonlight? It's a ton of end blocks.
Secondly, the jumps are repetitive in parts. I suggest instead of just using fences and ladders to vary the map, use things like enchantment tables, water jumps, and brewing stands.
Thirdly, the parkour itself is just a string of blocks, sort of scattered around. It doesn't go around a build, and you might notice many, many parkour maps having this feature. I suggest you add a build too, and have it go around the build. You could make a moon that you can jump around, with craters and all!
Lastly, and most importantly, your format is off so I suggest you read the *** MUST READ *** thread above the submissions for parkour maps and edit it as quickly as possible!

So I suggest you work on adding these features, if you can, and resubmit!

Acid

xenobite

Ratings
I agree with acid, except for e-tables and brewing stands. Most of the time they just look out of place and have no actual use.
Some blocks to consider using: Heads in various positions, glasspanes, pistons, walls and any combination of those.

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello rt2d,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is a bit unoriginal, as we already have a moon-related map (Moon.) However, the theme is executed differently with this map.
There is no main build, which is a crucial issue. Every map needs to have a main build; something that your parkour can build off of!
The parkour is a bit repetitive within each section, so make sure you incorporate different jump styles throughout your entire map! You do not specify a difficulty, but I'd say this matches a medium map.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.