More Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggles

Donator
Ratings
15 2
Since CreativeCaleb has resigned from staff, the Minevast Creative server has been suffering severely. At the moment, there is only 2 helpers, 2 mods, and 1 admin. The helpers have pretty much no perms, according to Dipology, and one mod, GM_Zero is always AFK when online, and Yuko hasn't been effective and hasn't been doing anything to contribute to the creative server. Everyday, new mine craft players are joining the server. These players could be either respective, or entirely rude and disrespectful. About 75% of these players are totally disrespectful. These new players, and even current players, are spamming the chat and always talking in caps, which is very annoying in my opinion, and a lot of others. I believe Minevast needs to control these players, in order to make the server enjoyable, and fun for the fellow players. So far, none of the staff have even been thinking towards what to do to stop these spammers. I believe the main solution to this problem is bring more active and aggressive staff. Staff should be more contributive, and should warn players when they spam, use caps, or be offensive towards other players. Staff should always help another player if they are in need of something, such as advice or a question that needs to be answered. I believe this server has so much potential, and to unlock it, we need to improve our staff. Thank you for reading this post. Sincerely, Piggles

Ratings
Nice post, but until they find more staff members, you should probably just stick to reporting. I'm sure they'll add more staff members soon though.

Piggles

Donator
Ratings
15 2
Nice post, but until they find more staff members, you should probably just stick to reporting. I'm sure they'll add more staff members soon though.
That is true, but i don't wanna have to come to the website and report every person we see that breaks the rules, and a lot of other people don't want to as well. Thats not our job as players in the community, to point out individual people.

Mariomash1VG

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
47 11
That is true, but i don't wanna have to come to the website and report every person we see that breaks the rules, and a lot of other people don't want to as well. Thats not our job as players in the community, to point out individual people.
Its what we have to do, But if you believe that Creative needs more staff, Applying is always an option.

Ratings
Note that I have made a successful application, and will be replacing CreativeCaleb.
Its what we have to do, But if you believe that Creative needs more staff, Applying is always an option.
Creative does need more staff. The current lineup is as follows:
  • Admins - _Drakey_
  • Senior Mods (SrMods) - SirCrackers, Purple4me
  • Mods - Blazingsea, GM_Zero, ProjectStormy, xYuko
  • Helpers - Dipology, Eyeless_Tenshi, Gappeled
  • Chat moderators - Haven't seen any on in the last few months
Well, this may seem like a lot of users, but most of them don't come on too often, mostly due to personal reasons and studies.

ChocBar

Admin | Staff Manager
Admin
ChocBar
ChocBar
Admin
Ratings
1,309 41
There are a number of staff members missing from the above list, but I won't list as they frequently change.

As it stands now, any staff that is moderator or above is a chat mod on all other servers. So,for example, since MeeserNobody is Mod on prison he is also a chat mod on Creative. Also, the creative helpers have plenty of commands to deal with caps and spam.

Your first option for dealing with spammers is to check /staff to see who is online. If staff is on any of the other servers you can ask for help using /helpop. Including a screenshot in the message helps us. Most staff will reply quickly unless in the middle of another problem. All helpers have ways to contact other staff if help is needed.

Also, please don't assume staff are afk or doing nothing if they don't immediately respond. It would be hard to explain all the things that staff are watching and dealing with and we do miss messages. At least I know I do. This doesn't mean we're goofing off. It more likely means we're dealing with a hacker, advertiser, or racist that none of us want on the server.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Purpz

Dipology

Retired
Ratings
20 1
I never said I don't have any perms, it's just that I don't have the perms that people need me for the most, which seems to be grading plots.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Note that I have made a successful application, and will be replacing CreativeCaleb.

Creative does need more staff. The current lineup is as follows:
  • Admins - _Drakey_
  • Senior Mods (SrMods) - SirCrackers, Purple4me
  • Mods - Blazingsea, GM_Zero, ProjectStormy, xYuko
  • Helpers - Dipology, Eyeless_Tenshi, Gappeled
  • Chat moderators - Haven't seen any on in the last few months
Well, this may seem like a lot of users, but most of them don't come on too often, mostly due to personal reasons and studies.
I personally would not count Chat Moderators so much in the creative staff team. Chat Mods are basically staff members who are mods on other servers, such as Parkour or Prison. We get "Chat Mod" rank on other servers by default, but as we need to keep an eye on our own servers, we cannot be active on other parts of the network as much.

~ Billy

Ratings
I personally would not count Chat Moderators so much in the creative staff team. Chat Mods are basically staff members who are mods on other servers, such as Parkour or Prison. We get "Chat Mod" rank on other servers by default, but as we need to keep an eye on our own servers, we cannot be active on other parts of the network as much.

~ Billy
Okay, THAT I didn't know.
[DOUBLEPOST=1440483499][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are a number of staff members missing from the above list, but I won't list as they frequently change.

As it stands now, any staff that is moderator or above is a chat mod on all other servers. So,for example, since MeeserNobody is Mod on prison he is also a chat mod on Creative. Also, the creative helpers have plenty of commands to deal with caps and spam.

Your first option for dealing with spammers is to check /staff to see who is online. If staff is on any of the other servers you can ask for help using /helpop. Including a screenshot in the message helps us. Most staff will reply quickly unless in the middle of another problem. All helpers have ways to contact other staff if help is needed.

Also, please don't assume staff are afk or doing nothing if they don't immediately respond. It would be hard to explain all the things that staff are watching and dealing with and we do miss messages. At least I know I do. This doesn't mean we're goofing off. It more likely means we're dealing with a hacker, advertiser, or racist that none of us want on the server.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Purpz
I see this a lot.

SneekyStumpy01

Ratings
12 3
I have successfully applied and I hope that i can help with the problems and even get the factions server back up and running.

Cheechmoted

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
284 38
There are currently 24 awesome hard-working staff members on Minevast. They all do there job well and keep the serve running smoothly. If you were to massively increase the staff member count many bad things could happen. Including: Unfair player bans, spawn griefs, hacks, and more. If you increase the staff there must be more regular players or else the ratio of staff to players would be screwed.

xEdzor

MVP+
goyy
goyy
MVP+
Ratings
40 2
I have noticed this a lot because on creative people will spam and all people say is "don't spam" and that doesn't say "if you don't stop spamming I can get a staff member!". Also with caps if somebody says "I NEED HELP!" the only thing members and donators will say is "caps". And I also think this is wrong.

EddieL2003 typed this with his own two hands.

Ryanminty123

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
110 3
Currently on Creative there are plenty of staff, people do get warned and banned. Just because you can't see the people getting warned doesn't mean it's not happening. The staff of MineVast are much more respectuful then other servers and I'd much rather play here then anywhere else.

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
All staff on creative are always AFK or dont pay attention to chat. I feel that player's have sort of "abandoned" creative in a way, that staff dont seem to make it the main focus anymore, Same with Prison.

ProjectStormy

Donator
Ratings
79 3
All staff on creative are always AFK or dont pay attention to chat. I feel that player's have sort of "abandoned" creative in a way, that staff dont seem to make it the main focus anymore, Same with Prison.
I am almost always playing and paying attention to chat. I dont think anyone has abandoned the server at all...

ham562

Mod | Map Judge
Retired
Ratings
160 5
This thread should have been dead, since it was made 3 months ago and went dead.

The Staff on Creative, aren't AFK. They have work that needs to be done, and thats not always sitting in game and chatting with players. There is work to be done outside of just chatting.

"Abandoned". If, we abandoned Creative then there would be 0 Staff on the server. I always see tons of Staff on Creative actively participating and communicating, but sometimes there is other things to be done.

Prison is being redone anyways, so Staff has not been on much since it is going to be redone soon.

Also, player wise their is still a TON of people that go on Creative, it has always been like the second most popular after Parkour, only because Parkour is like our main thing on Minevast. Since, it is what we are most known for.

This thread will now be //locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.