SpiroTech

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
SpiroTech
SpiroTech
Patron+
Ratings
Hello!
Unfortunately, your build seems to be mostly pixel art, which is no longer accepted as a build. The parkour is the main issue I see here. It’s far too long; even insanes are limited to about 200 jumps; and is mostly floating. Because of these factors, I will be giving this a -1

GeorgeVa

Ratings
43 1
Hey o/

I love the theme! I remember playing that game and having an amazing time, good job finding something original and interesting as your theme. However, as Spiro said, the build is mostly pixel art portraying some player models. I get the idea, but these player models limit you in so many ways. When I first saw the title of this map in the forums I expected you to build a level from Geometry Dash in 3d. That was the first thing that came to mind... Also, again as Spiro said, your map is way too long. Insane difficulty is 120-200~ jumps.

Prepare yourselves, this most likely to get rejected because it's way too long. if you guys would like to resubmit I'd love to see a level from the game built into a parkour course :3 Nonetheless, I wish you luck with your submission!

:)

E-54 Ganymede

MVP
_SaladeVerte
_SaladeVerte
MVP
Ratings
I love the theme of Geometry Dash ♥ But unfortunately, like they said above, the jump is wayy too long and it's mostly pixel art. For my own advice i'd be neutral for this map.

We know that you both put time and energy into it but maybe you could build a 3D cube skin with jumps in and around, the render would be even cooler !
Gl :D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Mossbafia and Samtaylor0829,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Although we do have a map themed after Geometry Dash, it takes a completely different approach than yours. So, I'd say that is an originally themed map submission.
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build is very good. There's two major issues with it: pixel art and floating parkour. The issue with pixel art is that it's very bland, flat, and effortless. It's just not something that's up to our standards anymore. And, as your central builds are pixel art, they are not acceptable. Furthermore, your parkour is just floating all-around your map. This is not pretty if done improperly, which it was. It creates this look of clutter and messiness that just hinders your map's overall attractiveness.
  • Parkour: The parkour's length is indeed a major issue. We will never accept a map with 400 jumps as none of our difficulty's jump range are anywhere close to that. Furthermore, your parkour was also not as hard as an insane. If anything, I find it is as hard as a hard level or, if you're reaching, an expert. Yet, there's also an another major issue: parkour variation. You did use a couple of different jumps throughout your map but that doesn't mean it wasn't linear and boring. You would put the same exact jump back to back so many times that it proved to be an incredibly unenjoyable experience. Try to use a wider variety of blocks/jumps all the time, not just every 30 jumps.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.