Rejected Movie Theater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Eggpad920
Map Name: Movie Theater
Plot: /plot eggpad920
Difficulty: Hard
# of Jumps: 86 with 3 Checkpoints

I hope you like it! Let me know if you have any suggestions! :)
2020-08-17_20.07.08.png
Optimized-2020-08-17_19.55.09.jpg
Optimized-2020-08-17_19.55.19.jpg
2020-08-17_19.47.29.png
2020-08-17_19.54.50.png
Optimized-2020-08-17_19.54.19.jpg

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
The build is pretty good ngl, I love the slanted roof it really brings a unique style to the theater. The parkour also fits the difficulty very well! The problem is that there are too many jumps for an easy map. Not a big variety of jumps (you tend to use a lot of fences and slabs). and the biggest problem of this is that it is unoriginal, pretty sure theres an insane map called Theatre or Theater.

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
164 12
Hi,
the build could be improved a bit, but thats not my main concern... I didnt try the parkour, but it seems u used just fences, ladders and stoneslabs... Try and add more variety to it: use jumps like vines, flowerpos, chests, enchantment tables, brewing stands, trapdoors, water and so on... Also 86 Jumps is a bit long for a hard map. And there are just 3 Checkpoint on 86 jumps which seems a bit low
Note: Im not a map judge this is just my personal opinion

Thank you guys for the suggestions! I totally agree that there should be more variety. I went back and added some more challenging jumps/funky weird blocks (As you can see in the screenshots). I also added 2 more checkpoints to accommodate for the 86 jumps. Unfortunately, even with Worldedit, I couldn't find a way to add non-flowing water or flowerpots but even without those, I think what I did change makes a big improvement. Thank you again!
2020-08-18_15.51.36.png
Optimized-2020-08-18_15.51.16.jpg
Optimized-2020-08-18_15.52.04.jpg

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
Looking Better! The way I make floating water jumps and flower pots is by making a pool of water by surrounding blocks around it and then setting each block around the water to air. Same thing for the flower pot, put the flowerpot on a block and set the block to air.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
961 435
I will give you a -1 as there is already a map on insane

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Eggpad920,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have a movie theater-themed map in the insane difficulty called "Theatre", this is an unoriginally themed map submission. To prevent this in the future, I recommend that you look at our previously used themes list here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is okay. It definitely looks like what you were going for but it was a very average and uninspired execution. As it looks similar to our theatre map, it just doesn't bring any new elements onto our server. Furthermore, it's attractiveness was only hindered even more due to the layout of the parkour. The parkour was floating all around the place, even if some parts were connected to the build. You should really try your best to minimize the floating parkour in your build as it creates a very messy and cluttered look.
  • Parkour: The parkour was pretty easy for the hard difficulty, I'd recommend buffing it overall. The length was fine, it's only a couple of jumps off the mark. But, your parkour did have another issue: repetitive segments. I can mention three instances where the blocks used were the same and the jumps were very similar consecutively: the adder segment, the stone slab segment, and the fence segment. They were all so boring to do, that it really takes away a lot from the parkour (which gets good at the end). Don't be afraid to make varied parkour, we want you to be as creative as possible!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.