My MineVast Experience - SrMod

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Hello ladies and gents!

As many of you have been able to figure out, I, along with @Phinx and @Careening, were promoted to SrMod!

I have been planning on making an appreciation post for some time now, I just wanted to make the post when I received the SrMod tag on the forums, so I had less explaining to do.

Let me start by explaining my MineVast story.

When I first joined MineVast in 2014 I was a kid, not very legible, not very smart. There is one thing I never gave up on though, and that's climbing the food chain. Creative is where my heart lies, so I quickly began to build up the grade levels, until I reached . About this time, A horrid real life situation caused me to quit MC for about a year. I could never resist reconnecting though, as I joined back in 2016 almost a year later, determined to keep moving up the ranks. Only now I had matured. I was ready for new challenges.

I applied for staff many times in 2014, in fact, I am probably the only staff member on the team who had applied and been rejected over 20 times. That never stopped me though, as I kept applying, each application getting better and better. Upon my return in 2016 I had developed a heightened vocabulary, and armed myself with the words necessary to obtain my end goal - a position on the staff team.

I applied under the username Duskful, and was rejected by @SunsetMagic with the reason "You do not have fifty hours." I thought to myself "Really.. I have literally played for years but because of a username change I 'don't have fifty hours.' More like UpsetMagic!!!"

That didn't stop me though, as about a month later I applied under the username Phoxius, and was accepted. Being a helper was a great experience. I blended with all staff very nicely, as they all found my laugh and humor entertaining.

Three weeks after I received helper I was promoted to Mod. I loved being a Mod, as I always looked up to the creative moderators when I was a kid, and now there I was, in the very position I dreamed off being in for years. Days and days of fun times occurred. New friends, new students, new players. Then, one day, after getting home, I received horrible news.

Not even the the staff team knows the real reason why I resigned so suddenly.

I walked into my house after a tough day of laboring for the public education system, stale faced, blank-minded. My mother was sitting behind the counter, obviously distressed. A single tear rushed down her face, but she quickly sniffed it up, and frowned. My mother admitted to me that day, a day so uneventful it was foreboding, that she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I wasn't even aware of the possibility.

I am the type of person to think long into the future, so far ahead my brain leaves my body and my emotions become my future self's. I knew I had to support her, so without even thinking, the next day I resigned from the staff team.

I may not be religious, but someone had been watching over my family, because the diagnoses was soon proven false. Living in fear of death for a week made my mother lose more hair than she would of lost if she had actually gotten cancer, however. She was correctly diagnosed with a bizarre stomach disease weeks later (that of which I cannot name off the top of my head,) and is currently still recovering from surgeries, which have been plentiful.

A month after my resignation I returned, my mother now able to care for herself again. I, still with a
fear-sum determination to move up through the ranks, was more devoted than ever before. And so it amazed me when about a week ago, I was asked to become SrMod after 2.5 years of activity, as 2.5 years is not something you can get back.

Though, I have only just realized I owe much of my rank to you all. Everyone who has supported me - whether it be by putting my initial application into reviewing (@Yuko) or accepting it (@SunsetMagic), or allowing me back into your hearts (@ManaCubeStaff) - all of YOU have carried me to where I sit today. And for this, I cannot thank you enough.

For those angry about my click bait forum title, here is an actual list of my qualifications for SrMod:
- 2.5 years of activity (Most important)
- 5 Months of staff
- B Rank on creative (Shoutout to Psykovsky)
- Insane on Parkour (Shoutout to CinderBlue and Nevaya)
- VIP donator
- An undeniable lust for the success of ManaCube.

Finally, I would like to thank the management team, (@Purple4me @Dacon @Dynsalir @Emmalouise @SunsetMagic @Scuzz) for gifting me this great privilege.

Congratulations to our other two new SrMods @Phinx and @Careening!!! Please show them some love in the replies below, both have earned SrMod, even more so than I. The three of us will be working hard with Emma and Purpz to further expand community events. Look forward to many more fun activities involving both players and staff!

Much Love to all,
-Wizful

Last edited:

Wizful

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
453 24
Congrats again on Sr. Mod! Hopefully I'll be in the same boat as you three soon enough!!
With enough determination, dedication, and the correct mindset, anything is possible.

Its_Kat

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
147 2
Congratulations on Sr mod! To all of you that have been promoted. You've always been so positive nobody could have seen that coming. Keep up the hard work!

_Woolfie

Dedicated Member
ELITE
_Woolfie
_Woolfie
ELITE
Ratings
168 1
Congratulations on receiving Sr Mod Wiz, Phinx and Care. I hope y'all do well in the months or years to come. Y'all really have deserved it!!! With all the hard work and effort you put into Minevast/Manacube. :D

Slime_Lord101

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Slime_Lord101
Slime_Lord101
Patron+
Ratings
271 3
Congratulations on SrMod you 3, I hope you all continue to do as good as you did when you were mods, further more, you deserved it for all the hard work and effort you've done on Minevast/ManaCube. Hope to see you all around soon.

Texans45

Forum Legend
ELITE
Dqnyul
Dqnyul
ELITE
Ratings
862 74
Congrats wiz! You're a great staff and I'm glad you returned. I'm glad everything is okay with your mom and I hope she'll continue to get better.

Much love,
Texans

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
This brings emotions to me, and this post was nicely done.
I wish the best of luck to you and your family in the distant future :p
Good luck CheeseWiz

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
Congratz guys! This story made me feel sad. I hope your mother gets better! Even tho I am a bit late.

RainingNarwhals

Dedicated Member
ELITE
RainingNarwhals
RainingNarwhals
ELITE
Ratings
178 13
Very inspiring story, I've always looked up to you as a player and now as a staff member, as I am always trying to not make a mistake while you're online :p. Nonetheless congratulations and here's to another 2 years :).