Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Hey Penguin,
First off, just make sure to include in your submission the location of your parkour so people can find it to review it! I had to guess that it was /plot visit PenguinLord102 on map maker world.
Secondly, I like the original concept of the build, but it is lacking in creativity. For example, there is no real main build to the parkour, it is just neo jumps. The modern criteria for parkour maps to be accepted is that they need to have a main build with parkour jumps on them, rather than just floating jumps. So if you wanted to maintain your idea of neo jumps, you could build something that has lots of neo jumps as part of the build. This will improve the look of your build dramatically.
Even though I like the concept of the build, I think it needs more variety of jumps. Being a hard map, there needs to be a high variety otherwise people who are just good at neos could farm this map as it suits them perfectly.

Just to clarify, none of my advice or review is set in stone, as I am neither a map judge nor a mod. I just wanted to give you a few pointers to improve your chance of acceptance. It may be possible that the mods really love your map the way it is :)

Don't hesitate to ask any questions
- KiKi [Mapper]

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey PenguinLord!
I am here to give you my review of the map. I am not a map judge and my opinion has no effect on whether the map gets accepted or rejected. I'm just a casual player trying to give helpful advice. Firstly I think this map is sadly going to be REJECTED and here's why!

The theme of your map is...definitely unique but it sadly doesn't work with this server's parkour criteria. For a map to be accepted the theme can be free as long as it's original and as long as the parkour doesn't get affected in a bad way because of the theme. Theme of your map is for these reasons POOR.

The build of your map is POOR since it's literally just neo jumps. I understand this was the entire idea of the map but sadly it's just not attractive in any way and doesn't get the player's attention. Try to make a build and base your parkour on that next time. (Here it feels like the build is the entire parkour, when in reality it should be that the parkour is placed on the build.)

The parkour of your map is POOR since it's extremely repetitive with neo jumps. You need to add more variety in the mix, that's what the Map Judges want to see. I again understand that the whole only neo jumps was the entire idea of the map, but sadly it is just not fun to play when it's only neo jumps. The length of the map is also not suitable for a Hard map, since it only has 38 jumps (Hard maps should have 65-80 jumps) but the difficulty definitely keeps up.

I wish you the best of luck though and hope that my review doesn't disappoint you or make you upset. :)

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey PenguinLord102,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. Although there are no "Neo-Haven" or "Neo" themed maps, it's definitely something that has been done before. They're typically rejected due to their unoriginality and limited build potential. And, this is no different. The build is not very good at all, as it's just variously colored neo jumps with some stairs in between them. You have to be more creative when it comes to building, this is just too straight forward (which is due to the poor theme). The PK is too short for a medium/hard but too hard for an easy. You should remember that when choosing a difficulty you have to stick to the jump range and difficulty of it. Furthermore, the parkour lacked variety as it's just neo's and neo's. You need to utilize a variety of jumps and blocks so that the parkour is enjoyable. But, I do hope to see more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.