EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
347 38
Hey! There are some major talking points to consider when building a map that I believe this can improve on, but don't take that discouragingly! - Originality, Build Quality, Parkour

Maps tend to have a theme, whether that's a scenario, character, or object that your map should showcase but unfortunately there does not seem to be one in particular.

With there being a lack of theme, there isn't a build to showcase, in the future, try and base it off of something!

And lastly the parkour, generally maps should try to avoid repetitiveness which can lead to parkour that is frustrating or not fun to play. Because of all of the neos and regular jumps, the map feels very tedious and you should try to generalize the jumps by using ladders, stairs, slabs, and other unique blocks to make some fun jumps around a build, similar to how other maps play. Try checking out some other maps to understand what I mean!

I'm not a map judge but hope this helps!

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Aviatron,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there aren't maps specifically based on neos, but there are a lot of maps that are based on just jumps.
As @EvanTech mentioned above, there isn't really a main build to your map. In the future, try to have one or two main builds, then incorporate the parkour into it, rather than just having jumps over the void as this can make your map look a bit messy.
You did have a few different jump styles throughout the map which is good, but it still felt a bit repetitive in places. Try to experiment with a larger variety of blocks and items, as well as the way you utilize these, as this will make your map more fun to play. I understand the main idea of the map was neos, but having them so frequently did make the map quite repetitive.
The length is good for a medium map, and the difficulty is good for a hard map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.