Rejected New Map: Houses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Baarq
Map name: Houses
Warp: /plot visit Baarq 2
Difficulty: Medium/Hard

The parkour is based off a player making houses in their Minecraft world. Each new house represents the player getting better at building: starting from a dirt house to a mansion. Each island has a similar. . .formula to it: A house, a small farm, at least a tree, and stone and coal underneath.

Attachments

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
I'm giving this a -1
Negatives:
  • This level does not fit any difficulty well. There are ~36 jumps, but some jumps are very difficult (head hitter ladder jump)
  • There is very little variation in the parkour. Lots of ladders and regular blocks
  • There are too many ways to get confused in the parkour. Generally troll ways are frowned against in parkour maps.
  • The third island is confusing to find the ladders on the back of the house
  • On the fourth island it is not clear that you need to go through the painting to continue
  • The theme is not very original. There are already many floating island maps and some house maps... but the theme is original enough that I still think it can be used.
  • The houses are just OK looking (Mostly referring the the last two houses because they are not meant to be purposefully bad)
Suggestions:
  • Either make jumps easier to make the course easy, or add more jumps to make it medium.
  • Use fences, iron bars, soul sand, ice, and other unique blocks to spice up the course
  • Add signs to guide players on where to go
  • Remove the troll path
  • Remove the painting and add double doors
  • Increase the quality of the houses by improving interior decoration and making the roof go off the side of the house to make them have more depth. Also add more windows to the houses.
  • Remake the trees custom. Have them tier up with all of the other parts of the islands. Currently, because the trees are the same on all of the islands, it takes away from the theme of leveling up and progression.
  • Move the slime blocks down a few blocks for the slime jump so that way the slime blocks are useful. (At the moment it is possible to progress without bouncing)
Good luck!

Sketchinqq

Dedicated Member
MVP
Sketchinqq
Sketchinqq
MVP
Ratings
66 3
Can't really follow up on Dub's monster post but
Ill have to give it a -1 because of the unoriginal theme & little pk variation
good luck

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
I'll have to give this a -1 as well. The theme is unoriginal, both in the floating aspect and the house concept. The houses really aren't bad; but as Dubinzi said, they're a bit plain. Consider giving more detail in the future. As for the parkour; there's too much build with not enough parkour. I would consider increasing the amount of jumps and giving it more variety.

I wish you the best of luck! <3

Danyuul

ELITE
Danyuul
Danyuul
ELITE
Ratings
I'm gonna have to give this a -1. The theme is very unoriginal and I have seen other maps similar to this. The jumps are not varied too much either. I did see that you have changed it so it is better, maybe just make it a bit less unoriginal. Hope it gets accepted <3

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi Baarq,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not really original, because there is already quite a few maps with the theme theme as your's, please be careful next time ! The build could be better, the houses loogs "decent", but it's still messy in my opinion, because of the floating jumps from your parkour, please try building your parkour on/in a main build next time ! The parkour is not really good, it's pretty repetititive in my opinion (The last part is for example mostly ladders, try using different blocks through the map, and not using them a lot in one part and never using them again).

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.