Rejected new map - The Graveyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
made by me, and just me: HappyPoptarts
called "The Graveyard" but I am open to changing the name.
2020-07-28_15.52.43.png
2020-07-28_15.52.54.png
2020-07-28_15.53.09.png

~
ID of plot -104;-21
Difficulty: Hard

thank you for reading!

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Hello happypoptarts, this is just my opinion on your map and not an official review!

Theme: The theme isn't overly original, there are already church themed maps, and we have a gravestone map already, and your’s resembles a few of the Halloween/haunted themed maps we have!

Build: The build is decent- the theme is obvious, even if it is a little on the simpler side. It could be made a little more interesting in places by adding some more variation to the gravestone shapes and perhaps making the church slightly bigger wouldn’t do the build any harm! The main issue I had was that the underneath sections of parkour just had the bare top layer above it, making it look a little messy and rushed.

Parkour: The parkour was alright, rather simple in terms of block variation, if you experimented with some daylight sensors, enchantment tables, brewing stands etc it could be a lot more enjoyable!

Difficulty: The parkour in its current state does not in my opinion suit the hard difficulty, the simplicity of the jumps, the length and the overall feel- to me- makes it more suitable as a medium map, with the exception of this jump: which was super inconsistent with the rest of the map’s difficulty.

With a bit of work, I think this could be a good map!

Good luck, and happy map building! - Cele <3
(epic username btw!!)

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello HappyPoptarts,

I regret to inform you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, there are maps featuring tombstones but none of an entire graveyard. Good job coming up with an original theme! However, I feel the build is a bit plain. As mentioned above, the build is simple and obvious, but I think it looks too uniform. I would like to see some variation in the tombstones (as Cele suggested) and perhaps an addition of a mausoleum or at least some paths. It is obvious the ground texture was just randomized.

The parkour is also very plain, and also doesn't fit the difficulty very well. It is too short for a hard map, and most of the jumps better suit a medium map. I think changing some of the jumps to include more unique and interesting mechanics or blocks and resubmitting would help this map a lot! It is currently pretty bland and repetitive to play.

Thank you for submitting this map! I'd love to see you make some changes to the build and parkour and resubmit. I could definitely see this being a medium map. If you have questions, feel free to message me here on the forums, in-game, or on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.