New Staff and New Server

Ratings
15 6
It wouldn't though, most players know that staff applications are open. They always have been and always will be. There is just a lack of people who apply for factions staff, if there's anyone who wants to be staff on factions you should ask them to apply.
Nice and that's the reason the server wont work, because people like you are the same ones in staff. They give up and don't wanna try shit and let the server deteriorate while they make money.

Ratings
15 6
You were kinda being a bit rude/disrespectful, honestly, the staff could just resign if they wanted to. But they stay because they actually care for the community believe it or not. Even though I don't always agree with them, I know they are just trying to do what they believe is best for all of us. That being said, it really is unfortunate that factions don't get as much attention as some of the other game modes, but that is no reason to go bashing the whole staff team- like I already said there just isn't enough staff on factions that are able to deal with factions related issues. You can keep complaining all you like, but it isn't going to resolve anything. The only way to resolve this issue is if more people step up to the challenge and become mods on factions.
If they cant take feedback then they shouldnt be staff. I bashed but with a reason I didnt just hate on them for no reason. I gave multiple reasons and feedback on each reply on why I disagree so you obviously did not read any of this thread.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Nice and that's the reason the server wont work, because people like you are the same ones in staff. They give up and don't wanna try shit and let the server deteriorate while they make money.
The only one making money right now are Dacon and the people who work for Manalabs lol. I am nothing like the staff, we are very different. I don’t know why you are comparing me to them when we are nothing alike. The staff might seem passive to the point they don’t do anything, but that really isn’t true. There is so much us players cannot see that goes on behind the scenes.

If they cant take feedback then they shouldnt be staff. I bashed but with a reason I didnt just hate on them for no reason. I gave multiple reasons and feedback on each reply on why I disagree so you obviously did not read any of this thread.
I did read what you said, but that still doesn’t give you any right to bash the staff. Everyone deserves to be treated with respect, and the way you spoke wasn‘t very respectful. There is a difference between constructive criticism and deconstructive criticism. It’s important even when giving feedback to remain respectful, which you did not do.

Ratings
4 17
You're absolutely right about everything you said, though you have to remember that it is the staff's role to defend things about the server since they are working for it for free. I'm sure no matter how awful the server becomes because of bad management, there will always be the staff or people like cookie kat who will try to stupidly defend the server even though dacon doesn't care about them and really just uses everyone as a means to get money since he's just a greedy capitalist at this point.

Last edited:

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
It wouldn't though, most players know that staff applications are open. They always have been and always will be. There is just a lack of people who apply for factions staff, if there's anyone who wants to be staff on factions you should ask them to apply.
i'd think thats because factions itself is dead most of the time.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
As someone who was staff (Mod+) for a year and a half on Parkour, here's my take on this whole thing. I'm going to speak freely, not out of disrespect but hopefully to educate those on how the staff team is. I was demoted for leaking information on the merge to a retired staff member (after it was leaked to the community days prior, but here we are...)
STAFF: If I say anything TRULY out of line, let me know and I will edit/censor what is needed.

I will say this. Being staff on ManaCube is the most difficult server I have staffed. Not because of the player count, or the tasks asked of us, it's the AMOUNT of work that there is to be done solely because there aren't enough staff. It is very easy to burn out as a ManaCube staff member because of this. I have staffed a server with ~800 player count in the past and there were the same amount of staff for that server as there is ManaCube. Mana at busy times can get up to 2500 and beyond...we have FAR too few staff. Apply if you wish, but unless people are applying and accepted in mass my second point won't be addressed:
Secondly, the lower staff have VERY little to do with the problems you're talking about. Often times it feels like Mana bites off more than it can chew the the amount of people they have working on it. Not to mention, only senior mods and higher are being paid. So you have a ton of volunteers with busy work thrown on them, as if it were a part time job. I probably spent an equal amount of time doing Mana stuff as I did at my part time job, and some staff did far more than I did on a weekly basis even at my peak interest. This work is only rewarded BY CHANCE (aka, popularity contest) by being voted Staff Of The Month...$50 for each award, it is possible to win more than one but it is very rare in one month. I never won, so $0 compensated for anything I did in a year and a half.
Sure, you could say I signed up for that and no, I didn't expect to receive payment, but it definitely would have helped motivate me to continue staffing at high capacity to receive SOMETHING. Higher staff get paid. Lower staff can get promoted from their position up into the higher ranks, so I always felt tension between others based on positions opening up and wanting that promotion for the big bonus of receiving consistent compensation. It's more complicated than that, but you get my point.
I will say it plainly, nothing on Mana will ever be changed unless it promotes sales. The ideas of players and especially those who desire to make change by joining the staff team will struggle with being listened to and it hurts. As players, we care for the server and want to have the most fun we can here, but I can almost guarantee your visions and desires for ManaCube do not align with that of higher staff who are calling the shots.

Hope this gives some insight.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Quinny does have a point... as many of you know I've been part of the Manacube community for over two and a half years. Both Laney and I are autistic, and furries. Relentlessly bullied and harassed, we wanted to make a change. Neither of us wants anyone else to go through what we have gone through, but what did the staff say to our suggestions? No. They turned us down and even when I tried to convince people that yes the r slur is hate speech and yes telling furries to kill themselves should be taken much more seriously they didn't listen. I find it unsurprising that there would be some form of tension between the lower and higher staff- we all go in having big dreams and aspirations to make a change, to leave our mark on this community. But the truth is, we all get crushed our hopes and dreams destroyed. As long as Manacube is profiting nothing will change. As much as I love the staff, it annoys me that even if I had every single mod agree with changes to the rules I wanted to see happen, nothing would be done unless higher ranked staff were also on board. Also, I don't really like staff of the month but that's just me, when will we be getting player of the month btw?

Edit: also to anyone who thinks that I go about blindly defending the staff you are totally wrong. I only "defend the staff" when I feel it is necessary, such as when people talk about the staff in a rude manner.

Ratings
4 17
Quinny does have a point... as many of you know I've been part of the Manacube community for over two and a half years. Both Laney and I are autistic, and furries. Relentlessly bullied and harassed, we wanted to make a change. Neither of us wants anyone else to go through what we have gone through, but what did the staff say to our suggestions? No. They turned us down and even when I tried to convince people that yes the r slur is hate speech and yes telling furries to kill themselves should be taken much more seriously they didn't listen. I find it unsurprising that there would be some form of tension between the lower and higher staff- we all go in having big dreams and aspirations to make a change, to leave our mark on this community. But the truth is, we all get crushed our hopes and dreams destroyed. As long as Manacube is profiting nothing will change. As much as I love the staff, it annoys me that even if I had every single mod agree with changes to the rules I wanted to see happen, nothing would be done unless higher ranked staff were also on board. Also, I don't really like staff of the month but that's just me, when will we be getting player of the month btw?

Edit: also to anyone who thinks that I go about blindly defending the staff you are totally wrong. I only "defend the staff" when I feel it is necessary, such as when people talk about the staff in a rude manner.
Why do you love the staff if they allowed you to be bullied and harassed, and won't even listen to suggestions to prevent it from happening?

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Why do you love the staff if they allowed you to be bullied and harassed, and won't even listen to suggestions to prevent it from happening?
I love everyone, or at least I try to love everyone. It feels like the right thing to do. A friend once told me if people are being mean to you don't hate them back, you show them love and kindness and it'll pay off in the long run.

Ratings
4 17
I love everyone, or at least I try to love everyone. It feels like the right thing to do. A friend once told me if people are being mean to you don't hate them back, you show them love and kindness and it'll pay off in the long run.
In my experience showing kindness to people who are very mean usually backfires and pisses them off more, or they'll just keep bothering you because they'll think your ok with it since your showing kindness

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
In my experience showing kindness to people who are very mean usually backfires and pisses them off more, or they'll just keep bothering you because they'll think your ok with it since your showing kindness
Perhaps, but trust me... not all the staff are bad, some staff I don't like others I do, but in the end, I want to treat the staff the same way I want to be treated- with kindness and respect. People who care about me, and I care about them. The staff are my friends, even when it feels like I'm being backstabbed. Sometimes, the staff know what's best for me and even if I don't realize it at the moment... most of the time they end up being right. I made a lot of bad choices, and I'm still paying for them today. I used to be really close with the mods on Olympus back in Season 1. They were some of the closest friends I had. In a way, this is all because I've never fully let them go even though many of them are gone from my life. Whether you believe me or not is your choice. However, I can tell you that many of the staff are very kind, and are some of the kindest people you will ever meet on Manacube. In all honesty, I'm quite terrified of people including staff. Yet, after speaking to many of the staff including the admins, I can say with confidence they do care about this community, even if it doesn't seem that way.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
Hi there.

This will likely be my only response to this thread. I've echoed some of what Hallow and Muted have commented on this already, as well as my own thoughts on some of the points that have been presented.

First, I'd like to say that I understand y'alls frustration, especially when talking specifically about factions; its our most understaffed realm as Hallow mentioned, even though we've had some new additions to the team in recent months. I'm sorry to hear that your issue wasn't deal with quickly, but with chat-related issues as you described, any moderator can deal with those issues cross-realm, and those issues tend to get dealt with rather quickly in most cases.

In response to your comment, "Ok, but I'm referring to the entirety of manacube staff, if you are all unavailable then you need new staff who have different free times that don't merge it seems like. ", that's simply not how it works.
The staff team is always growing in numbers, and Helper Management is constantly reviewing new possible additions to the team. I'd like to point out that it's not like we can just grab new staff members out of thin air to add to the team; only so many people apply, and only so many of the applicants actually get accepted.

We rely on knowledgeable players to volunteer for staff positions. All members of the staff team are still players and members of the community; we genuinely want to make the server a better place. But as this is a voluntary position, we are sometimes limited in what we can deal with and/or fix within our gamemodes, or the amount of time we can spend in-game. No matter how large the staff team is, large gamemode issues and bugs will never be dealt with instantly, as a limited amount of higher staff can fix/deal with them. We have open staff applications that ANYONE can apply for, as well as many open channels for feedback and issue reporting, such as the help channels in our discord, here on the forums, or /helpop and /report in-game. If we come across issues that we cannot deal with, we are sure to pass them up to people who can; and usually, it's hard to get an ETA on when those issues will be fixed.

One of the main things I have to add to the conversation is that if you believe that any staff member is abusing their permissions to shut down feedback or not address issues, feel free to submit a staff report here on the forums. Behavior of that kind is not tolerated.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night :)

-Wings

Ratings
15 6
You're absolutely right about everything you said, though you have to remember that it is the staff's role to defend things about the server since they are working for it for free. I'm sure no matter how awful the server becomes because of bad management, there will always be the staff or people like cookie kat who will try to stupidly defend the server even though dacon doesn't care about them and really just uses everyone as a means to get money since he's just a greedy capitalist at this point.
Couldnt have said it better myself. :)