New Word Filter

swears?

• yes

• im 7 and my mom watches me play minecraft

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ratings
who's decision was it to censor like 805 of swear words and then some? why? what was the reason?
can we change it back or something? it seems like a pointless change to me, someone who has heard a swear in my life.
any thoughts?

Hallowqueen

Olympus | Mod+
Moderator+
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod+
Ratings
2,327 82
Personally, I think the server needed a better chat filter. The current one may still have issues too - only time will tell.

There’s opposing opinions on both sides in relation to the topic of a chat filter. From my perspective - we allow swearing, it’s natural that players will get frustrated in some gamemodes or will want to express themselves by swearing.

I think our rules when it comes to swearing are extremely fair and simple; you can swear, just not excessively or to be inappropriate, sexual, disrespectful, and anything which is considered hateful (racism, homophobia etc). is NOT tolerated (KitPvP NO LONGER has more lenient rules on this).

If you’re swearing to attack someone, that’s not okay, but if you’re swearing just for the sake of it, and aren’t meaning any harm or breaking any rules, that’s fine. If you don’t wish to see someone swearing, even if they’re doing it within the rules, you can /ignore them to prevent any altercations.

Last edited:

LeiSkule

Dedicated Member
Mapper
LeiSkule
LeiSkule
Ratings
50 2
who's decision was it to censor like 805 of swear words and then some? why? what was the reason?
can we change it back or something? it seems like a pointless change to me, someone who has heard a swear in my life.
any thoughts?
From my personal experience the filter is fine and mods are there if things get too out of hand

Educator

ELITE
Educator
Educator
ELITE
Ratings
From my personal experience the filter is fine and mods are there if things get too out of hand
The worry is, what happens when mods aren't there? Chat can get pretty hectic as we all know, especially in the quieter and less-staffed timezones. The new chat filter is a great addition as it is more welcoming towards newer and younger players.

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
I think it is a good thing that the chat filter got update. Could use some tweaks, but it is helpful for keeping chat spam down.