Not supported as well on later versions

Ratings
4 1
It is irritating to have to switch versions every time I want to join a gamemode, as some versions are better than others for specific servers.

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Hello! I definitely agree that sometimes it can get a bit frustrating when you have to switch versions every time. But I believe this is due to the reason that sometimes, different game modes have different plugins for each version. Sometimes, the plugins will become outdated as new versions release, and vice versa, sometimes there aren't any available plugins that support newer versions. Therefore, there are various recommended versions for specific servers to help make all players have the best experience that they possibly could! :D

-ashley<3

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
It is not necessary to switch versions every time, it's just 'recommended' to use these versions for the specific server. It depends on what server you are on and what version you are in.
For example,
if you were just on Olympus (1.12.2) and want to go to parkour (1.8.9), there might be a few slight glitches such as lily pads, but you will be fine.
I suggest testing out server and version combinations to discover what versions the servers you play support. However, I still recommend using the preferred versions on the different servers as glitches will not happen as often.

best wishes <3
-kxe