Rejected Old Lady Oak - Medium map by k1llingkat

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1llingkat

woooooooooooozy
woooooooooooozy
Ratings
Hi! I’m Kat. This is my first map and it’s tree-themed! It's about 60 jumps and has 5 checkpoints.

Required Information
Builder: k1llingkat
Map name: Old Lady Oak
Difficulty: medium; it's long but isn't a particularly hard map.
Plot ID: -69;-127 (/plot visit k1llingkat 1)

I’ve attached some pics of the map :)

I made the mistake of starting on the left side of the plot (when you tp to my plot, it's to the left of the way you're facing). I hope that's alright!

Thanks!

Attachments

ComradeOlaf

VIP+
ComradeOlaf
ComradeOlaf
VIP+
Ratings
62 2
Hey Kat!
Keep in mind not a map judge and these are just things I thought of but I took a look at your map and noticed some things I think are worth mentioning.

Firstly I think the build itself looks pretty cool, but sadly the theme is not original enough to pass. :( There are several tree themed maps already like "trees" "floatingtrees" "dekutree" and more. You can check for the availability of themes on the document here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ or you can ask other players/mappers!

The parkour length and difficulty are good in my opinion, although the first cp is too long with ~23 jumps. A portion of the parkour is also floating thogh which is something you should avoid if possible so try to integrate the pakour more in your build. The parkour could also be a little more varied since there are alot of ladder jumps. The slime jumps are a great switch up for example. There are also 3 jumps which are impossible in 1.8.9 I believe (I hope Im not wrong lol) so keep in mind to check for this when making parkour!

I hope I this was helpful to you :)
Keep building and good luck with your future projects!

k1llingkat

woooooooooooozy
woooooooooooozy
Ratings
Hi ComradeOlaf,

Thank you so much for the feedback! I wasn't super up to speed with the rules with themes and etc. so thanks for making me aware of that! Same with the 1.8.9 ver, I had no idea they were different! I'll find a way to run my map in that version to fix the jumps.

Generally, thanks so much for all of this insight into map-building!! I can use this treemap as a learning experience and I'll take your tips into account when I'm building my next map!

Thanks <33

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
Hi there k1llingkat,

Im sorry to say your map is going to be rejected.

The THEME is unoriginal as Comrade said, we already have a ton of tree maps :c

The BUILD is nice, but try to make a big main build next time, it defeats the purpose of floating parkour which isn't allowed anymore !

The PARKOUR fits the length of a medium map but as Comrade pointed out, some of the jumps are impossible in 1.8.9 which is the recommended version for parkour. Try also for more variation and you can use blocks such as chests, ice, flowerpots, all that jazz !

Thank you for the submission, I hope to see more from you ! Have a wonderful day.

-Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.