Rejected Olympus - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • Sorry but for some reason it only let me upload one image, due to this, its not a great photo but I tried to cover as much as I could with it
  • Username: wasd_qwerty
  • Map name: Olympus
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: 31;-103
  • Difficulty: Easy
  • Number of jumps ~ 37
  • 1595835168465.png

yo :D
i tried your map, and it's great!
but, i saw u tried to use pistons with pressure plates. they say that this kind of redstone won't work.
another thing, u forgot to put a stone pressure plate on the final block - the green wool

JJ (_ThatGuyJJ_)

Dedicated Member
MVP
5p1eef
5p1eef
MVP
Ratings
47 6
yo :D
i tried your map, and it's great!
but, i saw u tried to use pistons with pressure plates. they say that this kind of redstone won't work.
another thing, u forgot to put a stone pressure plate on the final block - the green wool
yeah buttons, levers, and minecarts (i believe) work, pressure plates, and pistons dont

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hey wasd_qwerty!

I will give you my opinion on your map. I am not a map judge, so please not that my opinion doesn't affect if your map gets accepted or rejected.

- Theme: The theme of your map is slightly unorginal, as we already have a few olympus/roman temple themed maps. Next time you submit a map, make sure you check if the theme is orginal! Here is a link of all themes that have been done already.
- Build: The build is accurate to the theme, it resembles the theme pretty well! However, you could have put more detail in the build, as it feels a little bit empty right now. The person on the throne also looks kind of awkard.
- Parkour: The parkour was quite repetetive. Try to use more variation in your parkour to make it more interesting to play! For example, you could use more blocks such as flower pots, water, anvils etc. At some parts the parkour was kind of confusing too. The length of the course is a bit too long, but the difficulty of the jumps fit the easy difficulty quite nicely!

Good luck, have a great day!
- Sil

Ratings
Hey wasd_qwerty!

I will give you my opinion on your map. I am not a map judge, so please not that my opinion doesn't affect if your map gets accepted or rejected.

- Theme: The theme of your map is slightly unorginal, as we already have a few olympus/roman temple themed maps. Next time you submit a map, make sure you check if the theme is orginal! Here is a link of all themes that have been done already.
- Build: The build is accurate to the theme, it resembles the theme pretty well! However, you could have put more detail in the build, as it feels a little bit empty right now. The person on the throne also looks kind of awkard.
- Parkour: The parkour was quite repetetive. Try to use more variation in your parkour to make it more interesting to play! For example, you could use more blocks such as flower pots, water, anvils etc. At some parts the parkour was kind of confusing too. The length of the course is a bit too long, but the difficulty of the jumps fit the easy difficulty quite nicely!

Good luck, have a great day!
- Sil
Thank you for your time and advice, I'll try to make some adjustments accordingly.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello wasd_qwerty,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is somewhat original, there are a few maps based around a similar theme, but none exactly like this. I would suggest referring to the document in this thread - https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/ to make sure your map idea is original.
The build isn't bad. It is accurate to the theme, and has some nice details.
The parkour feels quite repetitive. You did use a few different styles of jumps which is good, however, you did group them quite a bit. What I mean by this, is that you would have a sequence of just normal block jumps, then just ladders, etc. Try to mix up your jumps a bit more throughout your map, as this will make it overall more enjoyable to complete.
The length and difficulty are good for an easy map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.