BASSBOAT

MVP
BASSBOAT
BASSBOAT
MVP
Ratings
53 1
Heyo,
Had a random idea the other day for a new kind of difficulty. In this difficulty there are no Checkpoints (but the default one at the beginning) and therefore you must make each jump in the map in one try (aside from failsafe sections). As a reward, there would be a mana multiplier. For example, completing an easy map in this difficulty would earn you 20-25 mana. Medium would get you 40-50, Hard 90-120, and so on. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the multipliers for each difficulty as I think it could be tricky to have a huge multiplier for insane maps (because it's no small task to one shot an insane) but then again that would only make faming Luigi that much more OP in terms of mana per minute (just as an example). Maybe the extra mana is a one or two time thing to prevent extreme farming? Also, maybe the mode could be timed similar to challenge mode. I mean if you are going to be one shotting a map, might as well try for a world record, right? Not sure how easy/practical this would be to implement, but thought it would be interesting to hear y'all's ideas on the pros and cons of something like this nonetheless.

Ratings
17 1
that sounds cool, and maybe the expected number of jumps for each difficulty would be lowered for this mode, cuz even some world records fail insane maps and have to go back to cp lol

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
You basically explained a rankup map. I doubt we will be seeing these on manacube anytime soon but it’s always a cool thing to dream about

BASSBOAT

MVP
BASSBOAT
BASSBOAT
MVP
Ratings
53 1
It seems I miscommunicated my idea. It would be more aptly put as a one shot mode where you get to choose it similar to practice/challenge mode when selecting a map, rather than a new difficulty of maps altogether. My bad.

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I think the issue with this is grindablility. With MVP+ you already get a huge mana bonus, and if we added a 1 shot mana bonus (let's just say its double the reward if you one shot the map), I could one shot LuckyBlock and come away with 60 mana from it. While it is a neat idea, I don't think it could be implemented without massively breaking the economy of Parkour (unless it was added rankup-parkour style like Jacob said, but I don't think that's something that will be showing up on ManaCube in the near future).

Good suggestion, sounds fun in theory, but I think if executed it won't be very good for the server.

BASSBOAT

MVP
BASSBOAT
BASSBOAT
MVP
Ratings
53 1
I think the issue with this is grindablility. With MVP+ you already get a huge mana bonus, and if we added a 1 shot mana bonus (let's just say its double the reward if you one shot the map), I could one shot LuckyBlock and come away with 60 mana from it. While it is a neat idea, I don't think it could be implemented without massively breaking the economy of Parkour (unless it was added rankup-parkour style like Jacob said, but I don't think that's something that will be showing up on ManaCube in the near future).

Good suggestion, sounds fun in theory, but I think if executed it won't be very good for the server.
What would you think about the rewards being limited to only a few completions (1-3 perhaps) to prevent exploitation?

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I like this idea, would love more mana xD