Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey ChatBoy,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: From my perspective, this map seems like it's themed after biomes due to the builds on it (even if it's supposed to be a journey map). And, as we have an overabundance of biome-related maps currently on our server, this is a very unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: In my opinion, the build is not very good. It's a bunch of floating islands (of different biomes) and floating parkour. It's not original to do builds like these, we've seen them a lot before. And, you didn't execute it very properly either. The islands themselves lack creative things on them, they're just made out of the biome-themed blocks and that's it. The ore wall is also not pretty, it seems completely out of place. It proves to be an unattractive build further hindered by the amount of floating pk.
  • Parkour: The parkour was easy and long enough for the easy difficulty. But, as I mentioned earlier, it's floating most of the time so you need to work hard on integrating it into your build. Furthermore, I also found the parkour to be quite repetitive to do as you utilized some jumps multiple times. Even though the blocks changed at times (even though they were the same for like 5-7 jumps), you would just repeat linear 1b's/2b's/3b's. Not only can you use different blocks, but you can also utilize different jumps. Spice it up, make it fun to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.