Rejected Over the Rainbow Parkour (Easy) with Laurizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Laurizzle and I (HaannahBananaa) have made a parkour course in creative. It's built on Laurizzle's plot, and it has a rainbow theme... with dragons and clouds!

2015-08-08_15.18.55.png

The course has 40 jumps (including the ladder parkour) and is about 55 blocks wide. (We have no problem reducing the width or size of the course if it is too large for easy or too large to fit between the other already existing courses.)

2015-08-08_15.23.53.png

Overview of the course!

2015-08-08_15.24.28.png

Most of the ladder parkour...

2015-08-08_15.24.51.png

Another overview- ignore the dirt blocks lol

2015-08-08_15.25.01.png

Final overview!

Thank you for reading, hope you can take the time to check out the course! We'd love to hear your feedback :)
-HaannahBananaa and Laurizzle

DaTNTBoy

Dedicated Member
VIP
6YearOld
6YearOld
VIP
Ratings
53 10
We have too much rainbow courses

Mahalouker

Donator
Ratings
Wow, I actually love this map (just from looking at the screenshots). I love the theme and the design of it, not to forget the colourful dragons! This map is so vibrant and has a heart-warming feel to it: I hope it gets accepted.

Sorry, I can't actually test the parkour, since I do not have access to my computer, at the moment.

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
So, remember, this post is to give @Hannah_bandana and @Laurizzle some feedback how to make their course better!
+Remember also that I don't judge maps, I try to give just some things that can be better!

First, the course is way too hard for Easy difficulty, I think it may be better in Medium. Some of the ladder jumps are hard, but for Medium those jumps were perfect!

Second, there is some places where players with /speed (Vast+) can skip many jumps from places where I put screenshots in Spoilers.
Here Vast+ players can jump to the water if that stays there, I will maybe put some barriers around the water to stop players from cheating?
Here players can jump from these white blocks straight to either water and climb up OR jump to the yellow place to right from the water!
I hope this helps you, map makers, and your course gets accepted, I really like the feeling of the course! Those dragons look so... Sexy! :rolleyes:

Ratings
4 2
Wow, I actually love this map (just from looking at the screenshots). I love the theme and the design of it, not to forget the colourful dragons! This map is so vibrant and has a heart-warming feel to it: I hope it gets accepted.

Sorry, I can't actually test the parkour, since I do not have access to my computer, at the moment.
Thanks so much! Very much appreciated c:
[DOUBLEPOST=1439157234,1439156397][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, remember, this post is to give @Hannah_bandana and @Laurizzle some feedback how to make their course better!
+Remember also that I don't judge maps, I try to give just some things that can be better!

First, the course is way too hard for Easy difficulty, I think it may be better in Medium. Some of the ladder jumps are hard, but for Medium those jumps were perfect!

Second, there is some places where players with /speed (Vast+) can skip many jumps from places where I put screenshots in Spoilers.
Here Vast+ players can jump to the water if that stays there, I will maybe put some barriers around the water to stop players from cheating?
Here players can jump from these white blocks straight to either water and climb up OR jump to the yellow place to right from the water!
I hope this helps you, map makers, and your course gets accepted, I really like the feeling of the course! Those dragons look so... Sexy! :rolleyes:
The Animal Crossing themed ladder parkour in easy is pretty challenging, maybe even more challenging than ours. But I could see how ours could possibly be considered a medium course. As for the water, we would need someone with /speed to test that out. Adding a barrier wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice comments and feedback <3 We appreciate it! As for the /speed jumps, we'll fix those.. I'm thinking of just getting rid of that water all together? Hopefully that'll make the map non-cheaty lol. If that makes it worse we can always add glass panes to block the water from those jumps.

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Okay, I shall be placing your map under reviewing! Your map is impressive enough to not be rejected upon first attempt. I will be checking in with my co-workers and map judges to see whether your map will be accepted.

However, one bit of advice. The one water stream in the middle of the map. I'd recommend changing that so you drop from the cloud onto the yellow block. Since people will just do that anyway, you may as well remove that bit of water.

~ Billy

Ratings
4 2
Okay, I shall be placing your map under reviewing! Your map is impressive enough to not be rejected upon first attempt. I will be checking in with my co-workers and map judges to see whether your map will be accepted.

However, one bit of advice. The one water stream in the middle of the map. I'd recommend changing that so you drop from the cloud onto the yellow block. Since people will just do that anyway, you may as well remove that bit of water.

~ Billy
I did put barriers to prevent people from jumping straight from the rainbow to the yellow platform. But I thought it would be best to remove the water anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.