ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
1611610696615.png

(Thanks gqit for helping)
Most of the people when starting to build maps, don't really keep an eye on the colour pallet, so then, what's this refferining to?

Every build has it's own colours, maybe the body is green, legs are brown, all the colours that a build has reffers to the Colour Pallet.

1611610631257.png

When building parkour, it's recommended that the build pallet fits with the parkour pallet, which is something hard to do if you haven't prepared the blocks before building, here I have prepared a list with the non-full blocks that look good with each colour. This is an imporant part that you must pay attention to, on the photo below you can see a bad example of this.

1611672073823.png

A few blocks that don't follow the colour pallet, are acceptable, and sometimes the only option in order to have good parkour, so don't worry if you are forced to place some blocks that don't follow the pallet.

- Redstone
- Flower Pod
- Red Flowers
- Nether Wart
- Red Banners
- Beds
- Redstone Torch
- Red Glass Pane
- Red Carpet
- Ladders
- Lava
- Chest
- Wooden Pressure Plate
- Acacia Slabs, Ladders, Fences, Fence Gates, Trapdoors and Doors
- Piston Head
- Trapdoor
- Orange Flowers
- Orange Carpet
- Orange Glass Pane
- Orange Carpet
- Sandstone Slab and Stairs
- Birch Slab, Stairs, Fence, Fence Gate and Door
- Powered Rail
- Torch
- Grown Wheat
- Gold Pressure Plate
- Yellow Flowers
- Yellow Glass Pane
- Yellow Banner
- Yellow Carpet
- End Portal (If you have it)
- Sticky Piston Head
- Wheat
- Slime
- Cactus
- Vine
- Mossy Cobblestone Wall
- Lime and Green Glass Pane
- Lime and Green Carpet
- Lime and Green Flowers
- Ice and Packed Ice
- Water
- Cyan, Blue and Dark Blue Flowers
- Cyan, Blue and Dark Blue Glass Pane
- Cyan, Blue and Dark Blue Carpet
- Cyan, Blue and Dark Blue Banner
- Beacon (If you have it)
- Quartz Slab and Stairs
- Snow
- Iron Pressure Plate
- Iron Trapdoor
- Iron Door
- White Flowers
- White Banners
- White Glass Pane
- Glass Pane
- Stone, Cobblestone and Stone Bricks Slab and Stairs
- Piston Body
- Stone Pressure Plate
- Iron Bars
- Cobblestone Wall
- Anvil
- Rails
- Minecart
- Gray Flowers
- Gray and Dark Gray Banners
- Gray and Dark Gray Carpet
- Gray and Dark Gray Glass Pane
- Nether Brick Stairs, Fence and Slab
- Dark Oak Fence and Fence Gate
- Daylight Sensor
- Black Flowers
- Black Carpet
- Black Banner
- Black Glass Pane

If you have any other block examples, you can say it in the comments!
Not adding Enchanting Table, Cauldron and Brewing Stand

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
One really good example of showing color palette is the map UpwardsJourney. It’s really easy to see how @zzykrkv separated each section with the build as well as the parkour by palette while still keeping the parkour varied and interesting. I would send a screenshot if I was online right now lol but if someone remembers which plot number of Madi’s it’s on someone drop that.

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
/plot h thedestroyer7234 2
(shows all different blocks used for pk and color pallet lol) But great list and examples!

Destroyer

Dedicated Member
ELITE
TheDestroyer7234
TheDestroyer7234
ELITE
Ratings
144 6
Well I mean Ink visits my plots all the time so he definitely knew what I had. So pretty much, ink just went off of me which is totally fine! The more people that get help, the better.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
come to /plot v zzykrkv 20 for absolutely nothing. Seriously there's absolutely nothing

Mivality

VIP
Mivality
Mivality
VIP
Ratings
One really good example of showing color palette is the map UpwardsJourney. It’s really easy to see how @zzykrkv separated each section with the build as well as the parkour by palette while still keeping the parkour varied and interesting. I would send a screenshot if I was online right now lol but if someone remembers which plot number of Madi’s it’s on someone drop that.
True, everyone should go beat UpwardsJourney right now as it is a very fun level and very easy

Ratings
What are some good colors for white? I'm making this LunarColony map and i got feedback that the it should be more color coordinated but the variation was good idk how to maintain the variation and color coordinate w/ my map

Ratings
Quartz Slab and Stairs
- Snow
- Iron Pressure Plate
- Iron Trapdoor
- Iron Door
- White Flowers
- White Banners
- White Glass Pane
- Glass Pane
Ah i just now saw this- but would it totally mess up my build if i added the chests and fences? Also what about the water and the cobble walls etc.
Do /plot v eaagatha 1

<Inktest>

Forum Expert
ELITE
Inktest
Inktest
ELITE
Ratings
228 6
Ah i just now saw this- but would it totally mess up my build if i added the chests and fences? Also what about the water and the cobble walls etc.
Do /plot v eaagatha 1
A few unrelated blocks don't do much damage to the build, so you can place chests, walls, ... just make sure they look good, by looking at it yourself <3

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
Quartz Slab and Stairs
- Snow
- Iron Pressure Plate
- Iron Trapdoor
- Iron Door
- White Flowers
- White Banners
- White Glass Pane
- Glass Pane
Do /plot v eaagatha 1
i personally think that chests are typically quite inappropriately used, especially if they are just there to make the landing skinny. think carefully about what the actual block does and what it should be used for, in other words every block should have a purpose.