[Parkour] Party System

Hatty_Cat

Donator
Ratings
Hey,

I decided to do my first livestream on Manacube today over on the Parkour server. I often interact with my audience and love to participate in large races, challenges and generally parkour alongside them. However, this was very difficult due to the lack of a party system, resulting in me having to wait for players to join the correct parkour, having to use the general chat to communicate with them (which was full of random messages, leading to mine being drowned out) which all quickly turned into chaos.

I believe a simple party system, very much like one from any of the popular servers, would be a great addition assisting fast, fun and fluid play within groups of larger sizes. This, for one, would persuade small youtubers like me to stream and record in larger groups allowing for interactive challenges, games and races. Today alone i had around 10 people from the stream all playing the same parkour alongside me and when trying to commentate and conduct a decent quality stream, having players all over the place was very difficult indeed.

My proposition, a simple system which allows people to join and leave the party with a simple invite/accept command. parties can be 'warped' to your location, or alternatively a parkour of the leader's choice. These parties could also have an inbuilt UI with minigames like full party private races, parkour/dropper challenges ect which could be granted as a donator perk. This would also be extremely appealing to general players who wish to parkour alone with friends or access parkours with greater ease.

I sincerely hope you consider this suggestion and i shall look forward to hearing back from the Manacube team,

Many thanks,
-Hatty

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hey Hatty_Cat,

I would recommend adding your suggestion on the suggestions website here - https://suggestions.manacube.com so it can be looked into by higher staff and potentially added in the future.

Thanks!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,902 47
This sounds like a really cool idea!
Sometimes I want to play parkour with friends but easily get separated and such (I'm not really knowledgable on parkour). This would be a great way to fix that! I would definitely upvote this on the suggestions page as noc said above!
Also, I'd love to stop in sometime on your stream and check it out! I assume you stream on YouTube since you have it linked?
Edit: I'm dumb, I just checked your channel and saw it. *facepalm* Subbed and hit the bell so I dont miss the next one!

Hatty_Cat

Donator
Ratings

Hatty_Cat

Donator
Ratings
This sounds like a really cool idea!
Sometimes I want to play parkour with friends but easily get separated and such (I'm not really knowledgable on parkour). This would be a great way to fix that! I would definitely upvote this on the suggestions page as noc said above!
Also, I'd love to stop in sometime on your stream and check it out! I assume you stream on YouTube since you have it linked?
Edit: I'm dumb, I just checked your channel and saw it. *facepalm* Subbed and hit the bell so I dont miss the next one!
An upvote would be greatly appreciated, i would really love to see this added! With regards to youtube, thanks a bunch for the sub, whenever you're in stream or watching a video, whatever it may be, drop a comment telling me who you are and i will be sure to say hi! This was actually my first Manacube stream, and due to these issues it didn't get a fantastic reception with my community and therefore we wont be doing too many Manacube streams, however i regularly stream other servers and i will try my best to persuade them that Manacube is indeed, a good server!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
The biggest problem with your suggestion imo is the abuse, if the leader of the group is at the end of a map/landmine, he can just tp everyone and let everyone get free mana, so unless it's only when the leader switch map with /log, I don't think that good, I also think adding private group (with like a password, or invitation from the leader) and a chat group could be interesting.

Hatty_Cat

Donator
Ratings
The biggest problem with your suggestion imo is the abuse, if the leader of the group is at the end of a map/landmine, he can just tp everyone and let everyone get free mana, so unless it's only when the leader switch map with /log, I don't think that good, I also think adding private group (with like a password, or invitation from the leader) and a chat group could be interesting.
I certainly understand your concern, and therefore I presented the solution of instead of having a tp-to-location system, a tp to specific parkour. So, for example, the user types in a command which displays the array of parkour (easy, medium ect). They then choose the parkour and upon that choosing, the whole party is teleported to the beginning of that parkour. Many thanks for taking the time to reply though, if needs be I shall update my suggestion (if possible)