Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: JosephMTC
Map name: Hourglass
ID: -103;43 /plot tp JosephMTC 2
Diff: Easy
Jumps: ~40

Additional rooms, fall penalties, and harder jumps may be added in order to make it medium diff.

Attachments

Chicken

Forum Expert
MVP
SoccerChicken50
SoccerChicken50
MVP
Ratings
172 1
Hi, as far as I’m aware, there is already a hard map called SandsOfTime (it isn’t obvious that the name suggests that it’s an hour glass map but is still hinted). It’s a nice build however this lowers the chance of it being accepted unfortunately.

Next time I would recommend looking at this before building:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/mobilebasic

This is a document with all the maps created.

Good luck on the verdict and best of wishes, Chicken

Ratings
Hi, Thanks for your advice!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey JosephMTC,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we already have an hourglass map on the server titled "SandsOfTime", this is, unfortunately, an unoriginal submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I think the build is pretty decent. It properly conveys your theme and, for the most part, is pretty attractive. If anything, I'd say it''s a little too big and that caused some problems with the shaping of it. Other than that, it's fine. But, the main problem is how similar it looks to our hourglass map. The similarity is too big to dismiss. We don't want to have similar maps on our server. So, sadly, this is not in acceptable conditions.
  • Parkour: The parkour length and difficulty did fit the easy difficulty, for the most part. I found it to a little more technical in the interior portion of the map, so I'd nerf a couple of jumps. But, this is a minor issue compared to the major one. This being the repeated use of jumps in the parkour. The greatest example of this being the beginning part when you're climbing the hourglass sand, it's just the same old sand jumps back to back. This is also manifested in others areas (like the head hitter segment). You have to utilize a wider variety of blocks so that your parkour is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.