Rejected Pick your path - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: IceCookie_

Name of the map: Pick your path

Number of jumps: 18 to 43
(why?; I wanted to create a map that plays like the old Sonic games where the more you play, the better you get, the more shortcuts you discover and faster times you'll achieve. tldr; replay value)

Difficulty: Easy
2020-06-12_13.35.14.png
2020-06-12_13.35.25.png
2020-06-12_13.35.35.png
2020-06-12_13.35.46.png
2020-06-12_13.36.08.png
2020-06-12_13.36.27.png

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
962 435
Sorry but a -1 will happen here

Why?: Floating Island map and Parkour is repetitive
Parkour?:Yes it could be better, and floating parkour in maps generally suck
Build? Yes, as said its a floating island map and those are starting to get repetitive in builds now (imo) You can improve your building skills by looking at the link below and go in game when you have time and see the amazing builds from map makers, it could/can also give you ideas on parkour, and your next map made!

https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/

RaddyRyann

MVP
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
zyxwvutsrqponmlk
MVP
Ratings
15 1
I just tested out your parkour and to sum it up, although I like the idea of having a choice of paths within the map, I do find the jumps repetitive as there is really no variety. And as BlurpyfiedTTV said, there is no real uniqueness to it. It's just a couple of floating islands that you have to parkour from one to the other. Try to keep in mind that variety within the build of the map and the parkour is a key component in the judges decision making. Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey IceCookie_,

It pains me to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED.
  • Theme: Technically, no map on the server shares the same theme as yours. It's definitely creative, I like what you were going for. It's fun and original. But, this would fall under the "Floating Island" theme which is a very over-used theme. Hence, I would say that this map is unoriginally in theme but original in intention.
  • Build: The build is not very good as it's just floating islands with floating jumps all around them. There isn't any central focus, detailing, or proper parkour integration. These 3 things are key to a good build. You must remember that.
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty do fit the easy difficulty, the range you had is appropriate. But, the parkour was incredibly boring to do due to the lack of variety in the blocks/jumps you used for it. It was all almost just jumping from clay to clay. That can't be how you make parkour because it's incredibly boring to do the same jump over and over again.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.