Rejected Pirate Escape - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021-07-12_18.46.05.png

Hey, I would like to submit my map. It is quite the straight-forward map, you discover a nice pirate ship, jump around the boat and escape with a treasure.
The map is around 60 jumps long. There is a single neo and some ladders around corners, aswell as some othter quite tricky long jumps, which made me rank this as Medium.

Builder/Username: LifeIsBaad
Map Name: Pirate Escape
Difficulty: Medium
Plot: 100;87
Around 60 Jumps

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
SUBMISSION REJECTED

Hey there, I commend you for submitting a parkour map submission, unfortunately at this time after some decision I've decided to REJECT your map submission, this is due to a handful of unfortunate reasons that I will now list.

Originality/Theme: Unfortunately from my eyes your theme is not working, we've already got themes that are quite similar to yours in perspective and design such as parkour island maps and ship maps so your submission isn't exactly anything unique which disappoints me.

Parkour variety/block variety: Unfortunately this is one of the most important stages when it comes to accepting and denying map submissions, from my close analysis of your submission it's clear that you don't have enough block and parkour variety, I noticed that halfway through your map I became uninterested and your repetitive parkour style didn't help. Most of your parkour map consisting of stone walls, vines and ladders. Your leveling on your map is very unique, it's got a large drop and then goes back down again which unfortunately is something that we don't really like to see, it breaks the immersion and generally just looks ugly, your floating block jumps also gave me that impression.

Parkour difficulty: Your parkour in my opinion would match that of most likely an EASY map submissions or barely scratching a MEDIUM submission for difficulty, for future reference I highly suggest playing out other parkour maps to gain inspiration and think of a new unique design to come up with, by playing parkour maps it can give you the idea on what has already been taken in terms of design/concept and what is available. I suggest adding block jumps such as anvil jumps, flower pot jumps, chest/enchantment table jumps, water jumps, etc.

Have a good day, I look forward to your future map submissions!

Status
Not open for further replies.