Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
thanks for making your gui smaller for the screenshot lol, +1 +1 +1 +1!!!!

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/details: From experience, I don't think there are any Pvz parkour maps so that's great to see, your detail is amazing, great job with the zombies and overall theme of the map, it looks incredible.

Parkour variety/difficulty: Your parkour is a good length for an INSANE map, your parkour variety is great, amazing use of unique blocks in the parkour, and was definitely interesting. The parkour difficulty certainly matched an INSANE map also, good luck! :)

GamersDecision

Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hey Presidenten and Ewout!
I am here to give you my review of the map!
Firstly I think this map should definitely be ACCEPTED and here's why!

The theme of your map is GREAT since I don't think there are any other Plants Versus Zombies maps currently accepted. Original theme is always good!
The build of your map is AMAZING. It is extremely well made, accurate to what you were going for and is honestly just perfect! Amazing to look at, well done!
The parkour of your map is
PRETTY GOOD. It is well varied, fun and DEFINITELY fits the Insane difficulty. However I think the parkour is WAY TOO HARD even for it's difficulty. I personally think you two should nerf it, but it might just be me. The jump count is good for an Insane map.

There's one particular jump that I feel should really be nerfed. It's this one. The jump from the wooden trapdoor to the orange glass block is EXTREMELY difficult, up to the point where it takes ME (note that it takes ME not everyone) tens of tries to do once. The part before it is short however, which is good but it isn't the easiest to get back here either.
2020-05-07_16.09.48.png

Overall, an amazing map! Good luck! :D

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey EwoutV and Presidenten, here is my critique of your map! (please not that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

This map is really good. There are no other Plants Vs. Zombies maps so the theme is original, good job! The build is fantastic and resembles the theme perfectly. I like how you even snuck a potato landmine in there. The parkour is quite difficult. It matches insane but I think there needs to be a few changes. I agree with GamersDecision on the trapdoor jump being changed. It's quite an annoying jump and should be nerfed or changed entirely. My only other complaint is this checkpoint:
painful section.png

This checkpoint in particular is pure evil. You have to do the kind of hard slime jumps to get to the cactus and then grab the vine. The next part makes it worse. There is a tough backwalled hh jump to the mossy cobblestone head which is fairly precise. After that is an easy water jump and a neo but then another semi-precise slime. I just think this checkpoint is super annoying and should be changed slightly to make it more playable.

Overall, this map is fantastic as per usual. A dynamic duo such as Ewout and Pres would never disappoint me haha.

P.S: omg you put a 5 block dream jump in insane map???????

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.

Parkour theme/details: From experience, I don't think there are any Pvz parkour maps so that's great to see, your detail is amazing, great job with the zombies and overall theme of the map, it looks incredible.

Parkour variety/difficulty: Your parkour is a good length for an INSANE map, your parkour variety is great, amazing use of unique blocks in the parkour, and was definitely interesting. The parkour difficulty certainly matched an INSANE map also, good luck! :)
there is its called pea shooter btw I think

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Ewout and Pres,

Your map has been put into REVIEWING. Although we do have a map called "PeaShooter" themed after PlantsVsZombies, this is definitely a completely different and original take on the theme that we have never seen done before. Therefore, I see no problem regarding the theme. The build is absolutely splendid. It's attractive, original, true to the theme, and incredibly detailed, it looks just like if you were playing the game. Great job! Now on to why I've put your map into REVIEWING. First off, the PK was incredibly fun to do due to the variety of blocks/jumps used and the fantastic integration of it on the build. Furthermore, the length and difficulty definitely fit the insane difficulty, but, I believe that a checkpoint or two and possible some jumps should definitely be tweaked. I'll be messaging you guys today for input. There were barely any exploits, I only added barriers three times (which I'll show below). Fantastic submission, I hope to see many more from you two!

Barrier placements:
1. Put barriers here in case anyone was feeling saucy enough to amp up the speed and use boots to skip a checkpoint (while going through the pain of doing quads): 2. Put barriers here to prevent people from skipping a couple of jumps by going through the back:
3. Put barriers here so that if players missed the ladder jump they couldn't just go back to where they jumped from (makes it more challenging):

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey Ewout and Pres,

As you have dealt with the jumps and checkpoints I thought could be modified, your map has now been ACCEPTED. Again, great map! I hope to see many more maps from you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.