• Something else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
This parkour was inspired from the classic platform game, but now platforms don't move and it's in Minecraft!
The Map is a phone, where you are playing the platform game. You are your own jumper, go up the phone and win the game!

Map is ranked Easy, it has 36 jumps and 3 checkpoints. Jumps are quite easy, that's why it's ranked easy! (That's some Nixis logic right there...)

The map is a mix of normal and ladder jumps, from 1-block jumps to 3-blocks and sometimes even 4-block.
Platform parkour is at my second plot, /plot home Nixi02 2

Hope you guys enjoy!

Billybo10000

Forum Master
Donator
Ratings
169 8
Before I begin my review of this map, I will assess the forum post to see if you meet the guidelines.

You have -

• A Jump Count
  • A Clear Theme
  • A warp set
  • Course Difficulty
  • General Map Info
As you have met 5/5 requirements, I will review your map.

PLATFORM GAME PARKOUR REVIEW:

Presentation:

The presentation of this parkour is... Not as strong as some of the other types of parkour in this genre. For example, Mario Game Medium, as well as a newly accepted PacMan Parkour and Iphone Parkour, make a stronger presence with this sort of theme. The parkour can be very repetitive.

Design:

You use only a few colours. Some blue, lime, black and the greys. I would have loved to see more detail in the phone, or at least some extra stuff in the world. Some clouds, a sun, maybe a red wool for a flower. Anything other than the blue and green, although I can see what you were going for, so good job on that.

Difficulty:

The 4 block jumps really take away from the easy difficulty. I found myself falling more than I should in an easy map, and I can't recommend medium, since there just are not enough jumps. I would recommend going back through the map, but with the mind-set of a fresh and virginal parkour player, because if I had never done parkour before, and this was on easy, I would probably give up.

Personal Enjoyment:

Did I enjoy this map? It was okay, I guess. I've seen the theme done many times, and sadly, I've just seen better. You really need something unique to wow me with, and sadly, this map just did not have a unique quality about it.

Is the map accepted? Well, I have given each section a score out of 10. If you get over 25/40, I will accept the map.

Presentation: 4/10
Design: 4/10
Difficulty: 5/10
PP: 3/10

Overall Score: 16/40

Sadly your map has been
Rejected!

~ Billy