Rejected PolarBear Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: StrawBerryFr0gs (The 0 is a zero)
The map name is "PolarBear Express"
Photos:
2020-11-03_11.16.41.png
2020-11-03_11.16.30.png

The plot number is #1
The difficulty I think would be medium, you can pick. (there are about 6 neo jumps
The number of jumps is: 45 (With no mistakes)
Notes: The signs that say checkpoint are the ones you would put checkpoints at, thank you.

ovur

VIP
Ratings
Cool build but not sure if the grass really goes with the polarbear theme, I like the name but I feel like the builds itself could use a little work, the parkours fun but maybe a bit too easy and not super varied. Maybe work a bit more on the theme and builds! Goodluck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey StrawBerryFr0gs,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: As we have multiple bear-related maps and a polar bear map currently on our server, this is a pretty unoriginally themed map submission. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things in the future: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit .
  • Build: Personally, I don't think the build was very well executed. For starters, there is just too much floating blocks/parkour. It really hinders the build's look by a lot. You have to try your best to integrate your parkour into your build. The other main issue is the lack of resemblance your polar bear has to an actual polar bear. It's just really devoid of proper detailing and shaping that makes it look like an actual polar bear.
  • Parkour: The parkour did fit the medium difficulty in both length and difficulty, but it had a major issue regarding variation. You used a lot of the same jumps throughout your map, these being neos and headhitters. There are a lot of more jumps you can utilize, don't stick to these two! Also, this jump is impossible on 1.8.9:
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.