32 1
Cashisgr8

Powder Keg

1578716261751.png

1578716280767.png

-/plot visit Cashisgr8 (front left)

-39 Jumps 2 Checkpoints
Previous Thread: https://www.manacube.com/threads/powder-keg-easy.50583/

Changes: The push-lever-thing is now a torch so that it actually looks real (lol)
The parkour has changed for the torch, as well as around the shovel more
The rocks and shovel have a little more texture (not shown in screenshots)

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I like the build, and the jump diversity is great, but I did have some trouble finding my way around the map

2020-01-11_19.54.14.png

This jump should have a sign indicating that I have to use the slime block

2020-01-11_19.54.21.png

I didn't immediately realize that I was supposed to go onto the shovel and not follow the dark gray wool, because I didn't even notice the carpet on the shovel. Make it clearer that I should be following the carpet and not the wool. Singular glass panes are also forbidden, replace it with a full block instead

2020-01-11_19.53.57.png

This water jump feels too hard for an easy, I gave up trying to do it :(

2020-01-11_19.54.44.png

I assumed that I was supposed to immediately jump over the fence. I would change it so you are supposed to jump over the fence, and instead just point towards the checkpoint and let the player up to it as well

2020-01-11_20.01.57.png

Point the player towards that wooden stub to avoid confusion. Additionally, it would be nice to see a trickier jump here, as the difficulty really falls from this point

If you fix these things, I think this would make for a very enjoyable map!

Cashisgr8

ELITE
Cashisgr8
Cashisgr8
ELITE
Ratings
32 1
Changes:
I added some more signs to try and stop confusion, but in that last screenshot there already is a sign pointing to the wooden stub. Signs here have horrible color and I don't see why it can't be changed.

You can already kind of jump back to the fence because of the carpets, and the water jump was changed due to an exploit I found (its a bit easier too)

One of the jumps on the barrel is just slightly harder (If it's too hard again I can just change it back)

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello Cashisgr8,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
As I stated in your previous submission, the theme is original, as we don't have any powder keg maps!
The build has
improved from your first submission, with more details being added in the beginning structures, so good job on that!
The parkour is the main concern. While the amount of variety has improved, and it is incorporated with the theme there are some major exploits labeled in the pictures below: (green indicates intended path, red indicates exploit)
1578934313301.png

1578958261548.png

Using barriers to fix these exploits would make the map extremely messy and hard to navigate. The parkour might have to be significantly redone, which is why your map is being rejected..
However, it does fit the difficulty you were going for!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.