jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
What do you guys think? (Creds to @ThePKFish for helping me write this. She’s kinda a former map judge legend :flushed: )

The practice plugin is a plug-in where you are able to go to a specific coordinate or position and enter “practice” through a command or clicking an item. The plug-in enables you to be at precise coordinates with essentially a personalized checkpoint system that removes the unnecessary practice of resetting yourself every time you want to try a jump.

So a practice plugin would be super duper good for mapmaker because

1. It would allow people to test maps with real checkpoints and could allow people to be in survival while testing maps

2. Allow specific coord setups for ppl that want to test more precise jumps

3. it would allow the improvement of maps in general due to the plug-in allowing players easy access to finding strats.

4. It would bring positive attention to the server because players would be allowed to find precise setups for previously abstract and difficult jumps.

5. it would progress the server by providing useful features that would benefit the players due to the reasons stated previously

Last edited:

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Great idea! However, Manacube is a lazy ass server! It's never happening :(

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
482 8
I was literally talking to blue about this yesterday, but in less detail. I was suggesting there was a practice mode where checkpoint work and fly is removed. I suggested /fly to be allowed in this "practice mode" incase you want to fly but don't want to switch off checkpoint mode. I think it would be incredibly useful for map judges and map makers and testers because it gives you a better understanding on cp placement being too tough and for map judges the ability to give the map a proper test

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
I wholeheartedly agree. I'd say it's similar to what the rankup servers have in place.

I'd specifically want on in map maker world honestly, turning your plot into survival mode is a horrendous feature that makes testing pk ass, I'd love to see a practice mode plugin for jumps. It'll also make designing setups for jumps a lot easier too :'D

I wish the higher echelons of staff would actually listen to the player base. It always feels like our suggestion falls onto deaf ears.. Maybe you can be the one jacob to take our suggestions higher!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I don't think we'll have have the specificity of coord configuration on checkpoints. Solutions that are much smaller on ManaCube are always more likely to be added. As nice as the big ideas sound, as mentioned above, it's either very rare ideas are fully implemented or it takes a VERY long time for Parkour especially to receive updates. And since we just got the Adventure Update a few months ago...we're probably looking at another long wait for new features sadly :(
Something I've always wanted as a part of /maker or the plot world in general is a way to toggle fall damage. Currently you will always take damage in survival mode which is pretty annoying for testing parkour...I think it would be a small fix that I have suggested before that would improve map testing drastically. Taking fall damage is nice for testing droppers, but that isn't used very much at all and almost exclusively by map judges. Not many people make droppers overall.

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Can't imagine judging hard jumps without a checkpoint/practice mode is much fun quinny hehe - specifically not a td hh twisty jump : ))

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I don't think we'll have have the specificity of coord configuration on checkpoints. Solutions that are much smaller on ManaCube are always more likely to be added. As nice as the big ideas sound, as mentioned above, it's either very rare ideas are fully implemented or it takes a VERY long time for Parkour especially to receive updates. And since we just got the Adventure Update a few months ago...we're probably looking at another long wait for new features sadly :(
Something I've always wanted as a part of /maker or the plot world in general is a way to toggle fall damage. Currently you will always take damage in survival mode which is pretty annoying for testing parkour...I think it would be a small fix that I have suggested before that would improve map testing drastically. Taking fall damage is nice for testing droppers, but that isn't used very much at all and almost exclusively by map judges. Not many people make droppers overall.
I don’t expect this to be added anytime soon I just wanted to gage the community’s point of view on the topic and possibly put it on the dev’s radar for something they could work on for the future. I appreciate the adventure update but I know a lot of people were hoping for a lot more so putting out what the community wants is important for the development of Parkour on manacube.

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
I kind of disagree with precise coordinates. Manacube isn't the kind of server to tryhard parkour, especially not since you can just use speed. Precise jumps aren't really a thing in maps so they dont have to be on plots either. How will you tell everyone you did a cool jump if they think you used speed? There are servers that are meant to practice precise jumps, manacube will never be one of them.
However I do think we need a better way to test maps rather than survival, togglefly and working checkpoints would be a good enough solution.
I also really would like the ability to disable speed on a plot, so I can create competitions with cool rewards.

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I kind of disagree with precise coordinates. Manacube isn't the kind of server to tryhard parkour, especially not since you can just use speed. Precise jumps aren't really a thing in maps so they dont have to be on plots either. How will you tell everyone you did a cool jump if they think you used speed? There are servers that are meant to practice precise jumps, manacube will never be one of them.
However I do think we need a better way to test maps rather than survival, togglefly and working checkpoints would be a good enough solution.
I also really would like the ability to disable speed on a plot, so I can create competitions with cool rewards.
It’s not just for precise jumps. There’s a wide application. If you’re not into precise jumps there’s still a lot of things practice could be useful for such as for map testing and more casual things.

I do think you and quinny bring up a good point. Just adding more customization for mapmaker would be really beneficial as well.

Last edited: