Rejected Progression Parkour (2nd try)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
I have redone this map pretty much completely, making it quite a lot longer than the original.

Creator: JimmyGG
Name: Progression Parkour
Plot ID: 122;-50
Difficulty: Hard
Jumps: 44
Checkpoints: 7

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 8.51.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 8.52.23 PM.png

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
The build doesn't look very good, you have repetitive jumps, and most importantly your ending is not made in red wool

Ratings
Ah I see I didn't realise there was a colour correlation, I'll fix that. Good point about the repetitive jumps, I thought it would be okay because I saw some in other maps but I'll avoid it in the future. Any building tips? I heard that there is meant to be a void bellow the parkour so I'm not sure how to avoid the whole floating blocks look. Thanks for the feedback :)

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Ah I see I didn't realise there was a colour correlation, I'll fix that. Good point about the repetitive jumps, I thought it would be okay because I saw some in other maps but I'll avoid it in the future. Any building tips? I heard that there is meant to be a void bellow the parkour so I'm not sure how to avoid the whole floating blocks look. Thanks for the feedback :)
No prob! Building tips for this map I suggest you make more islands maybe with different biomes though the theme of this map is already taken that's a way you could improve :)

49ersDude

Forum Expert
VIP+
49ersDude
49ersDude
VIP+
Ratings
95 10
JimmyGG could I help you make a map???

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey JimmyGG,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: Parkour-themed maps are not original. It's not something we want to see, really. When you theme your map around parkour, besides there not really being a theme, odds are there will also be no build (this is the case on here).
  • Build: As I mentioned above, there is no build on this map. It's clear that the focus of this map is on the parkour. We do not want that. We want you to address all 3 core aspects of a map. Think of an original theme, execute it through a build, and then integrate parkour into that build.
  • Parkour: The parkour was not fitting for any difficulty. Besides it being too short for a hard map, it was too hard for the medium/easy difficulty (difficulty's that are in your range of jumps). It needs to be nerfed or lengthened. Furthermore, I found it to be rather repetitive to play. Take this segment for example: . Back to back identical 1b/2b's and the n back to back HH's. Not fun to do the same thing over and over again. Try to be more creative! Incorporate a wider variety of blocks/jumps!
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.