Rejected PurpleGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The map was made by me(gotinbrat) and my friend(BojoEnderG). It is a reference to the meme "PurpleGuy", also known as "The man behind the slaughter". It has 30 jumps and 2 checkpoints. The ID is -90;98. The map was created to be an easy one, but I think we made the jumps a little hard, so if that is a problem please tell me :). The last 2 images are where we got the inspiration from.

Attachments

LovelyLing

ELITE
Lovelyling
Lovelyling
ELITE
Ratings
18 2
Hey WizzerKrizzer! Im here to give you my personal opinion on this map! Please note that I am only a mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision!

1-Originality || As far as i know, there are no maps with the theme of "purple guy" so good job with that!

2-Build || the build it okay. It looks like what you were going for so that's good. But It is only built with purple clay. You should add more to it like purple wool. That makes it have more texture.

3-Parkour || I think this is the part that your map struggles with. The parkour felt a bit bland and had no special characters to it. Other then the rail, I found the parkour to be a bit repetitive with the use of many ladders, and regular planks. You should add fun bits to the parkour! For example, pots, heads, redstone, vines, anything! Also at the end, you should put a green wool instead of the gold under the preasureplate, to symbolize the easy difficulty.

All in all, good job submitting this map. Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey gotinbrat,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: We currently only have one map from the FNAF series and it's themed after Freddy Fazbear, so this map is definitely original. Good job!
  • Build: The build could definitely use some work, it's not very good. It definitely resembles what you were going for, but, not fantastically. As PurpleGuy doesn't have many details to work with, you had to work hard on his shaping. But, the build feels too flat and bland. It just doesn't look right.
  • Parkour: The PK length and difficulty definitely fit the easy difficulty, but, it still had issues. I found it to be quite repetitive due to the number of identical jumps used throughout it (ladders specifically). Make sure to use a variety of jumps/blocks when building parkour so that it is enjoyable to do.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.