Rejected Quartz Parkour

Ratings
Hey! I hope you like it. Please leave any tips for me down below :)

Name: Quartz Parkour
Theme: Quartz
Level: Easy
Jumps: 32
Checkpoints: 3
Username: alyshiax
My course is on /creative

2015-09-29_18.54.37.png
2015-09-29_18.55.13.png
2015-09-29_18.55.47.png

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
Hello, I just tested your map and it is a bit too easy for any course type in my opinion. Also it has points where you can skip through parts of the map and it's a giant clump of blocks so a new player can easily be confused. Lastly, the theme is a bit boring and unoriginal. Instead of doing just quarts blocks floating you could do like a player mining a block of quarts and there's pieces flying through the air that you have to jump across than you can climb the miner to finish the course or some developed theme around those lines. I have the feeling though that if you put in time and effort you can make a beautiful course.
I hope you take my feedback as constructive criticism,
~Cheech <3
Edit: I made myself look a bit like a judge there so sorry about that, I am NOT a map judge just a community member trying to provide feedback.

Ratings
I thought it was good it just has a lack of creativity, make the blocks something more than something to jump on!
[DOUBLEPOST=1443578756][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hello, I just tested your map and it is a bit too easy for any course type in my opinion. Also it has points where you can skip through parts of the map and it's a giant clump of blocks so a new player can easily be confused. Lastly, the theme is a bit boring and unoriginal. Instead of doing just quarts blocks floating you could do like a player mining a block of quarts and there's pieces flying through the air that you have to jump across than you can climb the miner to finish the course or some developed theme around those lines. I have the feeling though that if you put in time and effort you can make a beautiful course.
I hope you take my feedback as constructive criticism
~Cheech <3
Edit: I made myself look a bit like a judge there so sorry about that, I am NOT a map judge just a community member trying to provide feedback.
The blocks clearly show where to go, and for the blocks you can skip over, barrier blocks can always be placed, however I do agree that the course needs a tad more imagination and effort, the blocks need to be something more than things to jump on

Last edited:
Ratings
I hope you take my feedback as constructive criticism,
~Cheech <3
Thank you for your feedback. I know some spots you can skip over. However barrier blocks can be placed so users can't do that. Also yes the course is "easy" because that is the level I wanted it to be. I imagine you a fairly good at parkour so doing a course like this will obviously not take you long. Although you need to think of new members and lower ranks. Some of them have never done parkour or are new to it. Doing courses like this won't be as easy and will take them longer. As for my theme.. I agree it is a little boring. I made another course with a harry potter theme that got rejected. They said it was unclear and didn't make sense. That's why I tried making this one a little bit more simple. Many of the parkour courses on minevast have simple themes like mine. I do appreciate your opinion and will take these thoughts into consideration when building future parkour courses :)

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Hey, like the others this is constructive criticism. Honestly, this is a bit to basic for a parkour map and we get a lot of quartz maps. A lot. A very much lot. But anyway I would normally do a really long sentence but here is the gist of it: Use your imagination, try new things, just cause its parkour does not mean thats ALL it has to be. You can make an adventure, tell a story etc... There. The reason I said all of the above is because you put quartz blocks down, white stained glass and posted it. Parkour maps need detail, they need to stand, especially when its a common theme like quartz. I hope you continue to map make. Best of luck!

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
Sorry alyshiax that you disagree. Remember constructive criticism :p Anyway again, sorry you disagree.

Ratings
Sorry alyshiax that you disagree. Remember constructive criticism :p Anyway again, sorry you disagree.
No it's okay! I'm not mad at you. I appreciate your criticism, and will take yours and Cheech720 into consideration when I build future parkour courses. I'm just sticking up for my course :p I mean no one likes their work to be rejected.

Wafflethecat

Forum Expert
Mapper
Ratings
128 3
No it's okay! I'm not mad at you. I appreciate your criticism, and will take yours and Cheech720 into consideration when I build future parkour courses. I'm just sticking up for my course :p I mean no one likes their work to be rejected.
Yeah I understand. I have had quite a few maps rejected and I admit it does not feel the best. But it is always what keeps me building, what keeps me wanting to get better. Anyway good luck!

Nixi

Dedicated Member
Mapper
Ratings
62 3
If all of your maps would get Accepted map judges would be useless, because otherwise you can just post your parkour map here and they add it.

From the map there is two things what need to be fixed to get this to parkour server:
1. When you do the first ladder jumps you can just jump on top of the fences from all the blocks after the ladders! Add barriers to block people from jumping there and you have a no-cheating map in your hands!
2. There is no end. You have a pressure plate on a quartz ore, that is not a possible end in your map. If you want to make it Easy map, change the quartz ore under the pressure plate to Easy-Light green wool Medium-Yellow wool Hard-Red wool Expert-Purple wool Insane-Orange wool.

After all you have a good understand of the map difficulty, keep making maps and remember: all map creators have better and worse maps, you have to just keep going and do the best as you can!

Ratings
If all of your maps would get Accepted map judges would be useless, because otherwise you can just post your parkour map here and they add it.

From the map there is two things what need to be fixed to get this to parkour server:
1. When you do the first ladder jumps you can just jump on top of the fences from all the blocks after the ladders! Add barriers to block people from jumping there and you have a no-cheating map in your hands!
2. There is no end. You have a pressure plate on a quartz ore, that is not a possible end in your map. If you want to make it Easy map, change the quartz ore under the pressure plate to Easy-Light green wool Medium-Yellow wool Hard-Red wool Expert-Purple wool Insane-Orange wool.

After all you have a good understand of the map difficulty, keep making maps and remember: all map creators have better and worse maps, you have to just keep going and do the best as you can!
Oh thank you! I forgot that you needed to place a colored wool under the pressure plate. However I don't know how to add barrier blocks. That's why I didn't have any. Do you know how?

Ratings
Nvm I got them :) I put up barriers so no one can cheat, and I also changed the block under the pressure plate to a lime green wool block. Thank you for leaving me all these helpful tips!!